Chapter Thirteen: All The Breaks [Part Two]

7:40PM
SHADOW CLAN HEADQUARTERS
MEGAN, ENCHANTRESS

"You do know you're highly predictable? Hm?"

She sauntered around the many machines in the headquarters keeping her eyes on Megan.

Megan looked over at the wolf, but once she made direct eye contact, she quickly looked away. Megan was even more confused now.

"She can turn into a wolf?!" Her mind wondered.

If one thing was very clear, it was this: Dana had lots of explaining to do.

At the moment, all Megan could think about was being free. However, she knew he wouldn't let her go easily.

"So, you finally found me. It only took you long enough." The man smirked, now walking over to Megan.

"Babygirl could have gotten hurt." He grinned, rubbing his hand gently down Megan's face. She snatched her head away, looking at him in disgust.

Enchantress growled lowly.

"Why are you doing this?" She snapped.

He laughed a low chuckle.

"Doing what?" He asked innocently.

Megan looked between the two of them in fear.

"If Enchantress can turn into a wolf...then what can he turn into?" She asked herself.

Megan was quite uneducated on the topic of Demi-Gods or the Guardians in general. She had no idea that all of them had different powers. In all honesty, she had no idea what any of them were capable of.

Now thinking about it, Megan began to question if that was the reason Dana kept her so close. Was it to protect her from them?

"Don't play stupid. You're hurting my people. You're bloodying up my land. I don't know what the hell you're here for, but whatever it is, you can go through me." She said boldly, looking over at Megan for slight glance and then, through gritted teeth, she said, "And only me."

The man stood, flustered. With a blank face, he looked at Enchantress. For awhile, it was silent and unmoving.

Then suddenly, he bursted forth with laughter. Megan narrowed her eyes in confusion while Enchantress stood still, awaiting for some kind of trap.

Again, suddenly, his laughter died down to silence again.

"Get her." He boomed.

Guards that had stood on the side awaiting his orders began to fall in. Holding Enchantress back with force, the man chuckled again.

The man walked over to Megan, knife in hand.

Getting very close to her face, he admired her features in a way only a madman would.

"You see? Your precious Enchantress isn't merely as strong as me." He looked over at the now scene of destruction his guards and Dana were making.

He looked at the few guards that lay on the floor, clutching their sides or already bleeding out. He then looked over at Enchantress, fighting guards left and right. She had already, acquired some wounds.

"You can sit here and watch her die, but I'm giving you one more chance. Join. Me. We can do great things together." He whispered the last part, grinning from ear to ear.

Megan looked him in the eyes, and then looked over at Enchantress. It sure did look as if Enchantress was losing, and she sure did leave out so much about her. Still, she couldn't find it in herself to leave her.