Chapter Three: Crystal

2:00PM
THE REGION OF EMPATHY
RIHANNA

The Region of Empathy, ruled and guided over by the persistent, but shy and worrisome Rihanna. The Region of Empathy had been nicknamed, The Place of Sadness because it felt that way when first entering. Everyone there was so kind and helpful, always wanting to be easygoing. They often put theirselves in other's shoes, therefore the folk hardly ever fought. If a fight was to happen, it usually ended quickly because of their ways of seeing both sides of a situation.

As their ruler sat in her humble abode, clad in only a huge yellow shirt, she looked around. She then looked out of her window at the outside world. Nothing seemed to be happening, or moving.

"Max...do you...feel something...different?" Rihanna asked her dog.

Long ago, Max was rescued from planet Earth by a traveler of the Region of Empathy. He was given to their Guardian on her birthday and since then, you have never seen her without her faithful companion.

The dog looked up at her, sniffed the air, and then licked his snout laying back down.

"Maybe, it's just me..." She said, waving the thought off.

Suddenly, the big screen in her front room began to burst forward with multiple rings, indicating that she was receiving a message.

Slightly jogging to the screen, she read carefully.

"There is urgent news to discuss. Be in the spot, no more than thirty minutes from now. All of you." - Enchantress

By the spot, she was referencing to where the Guardians and her had always held their meetings. It was in the center of the regions; where the stones meet the sun just right, and where crystals grew abundantly.

Rihanna's eyes widened as she began to throw on more appropriate clothes for the outside.

A full blown Guardian meeting? We haven't had a meeting with all of us in almost a month. Would could have happened? She thought.

In a way, she was almost excited. Although this was obviously a meeting about something serious, she was excited to see all of the other Guardians, who she hadn't seen in at least a month.

Now about to leave her home, she felt around her neck until her hand clasped around the Citrine, a yellow crystal pendant; made especially for her. It hung around her neck on a silver chain.

Rihanna breathed a sigh of relief as she felt her hand come in contact of the crystal.

After all, the Guardians are to never go anywhere without their pendant.

~|||~

Sorry about the boring, filler chapter. It's purpose was to move the story along and get to the good part.

I hope you enjoyed this far anyway. ♡

-bxll