Chapter Nine: Before The Lights Turn Out

5:30PM
THE CENTER OF REGIONS
MEGAN

Twisting in the chair, she turned invisible again. Only, so the ruthless men who snatched her up while she was out looking for Enchantress, wouldn't see her cry.

"Hey! Where did she go?" One of the two men who were supposed to watch her asked.

"She's got powers dummy. She's still in the chair. Ain't that right princess?" The other guard said, chuckling darkly. He slapped her face making her gasp and lose control of her powers, turning back to normal.

Megan looked at him in disgust and he frowned.

"I don't like when you frown at me miss. You should learn to respect people above you." He said with an evil grin.

He leaned down and kissed her ear lobe to bother her after whispering:

"Dana will never come and find you, so you should get very comfortable." Leaning up, the man looked at her smiling intently.

Soon after, he was holding his shin in pain, after Megan kicked him hard.

"Why the fuck didn't you tie her legs man?" The guard asked through gritted teeth.

"I didn't think I needed to-" said the other man running to where his partner was.

"Who in the hell is Dana and why would they come for me?" Megan snapped, wanting answers.

The two guards looked at each other before bursting out in laughter.

"Ha! You don't even know her real name? Well she's really not coming for you now." The guard who Megan had kicked previously said. The two guards laughed again.

"Know who's name?" Megan countered, now feeling uneasy, but she would never show it.

"Enchantress, stupid girl." A man's voice boomed.

As he walked into the room further, the two men shushed and fixed themselves.

"It's sad, really. That you're so loyal to someone, who you don't even really know. She never even told you her real name...who knows what else she is keeping from you..." The man whispered in Megan's ear as he got closer.

"Come work with me, and I'll treat you like the Queen that you are. You will never have to worry about not recieving the love you deserve." He whispered again close to her ear.

The way the man talked, could make anyone reconsider their situation. Now feeling insecure and left-out, Megan didn't know what to make of the current problem.

Now that she thought about it, Enchantress, or Dana, had never even said the words "I like you", let alone "I love you." Meg didn't know how to feel, what to think.

However, regardless of what Dana had did, she still couldn't leave her, or doubt her. Enchantress had protected Meg; put a roof over her head, and basically took care of her since they met. That alone, was worth more than this man could ever offer.

"So, what do ya say?" He asked with a wicked smile, knowing he had gotten into her head. Megan leaned up towards his ear now.

"I say you should fix your problem down there, because I'm not doing it." She whispered, now wearing a grin of her own.

He made a "tsk" sound before backing away from her.

"Suit yourself, but you'll still be stuck here forever. I have all the time I need to do whatever I please." He said darkly.