Chapter Two: Want

12:00AM
THE REGION OF ANGUISH
ABEL

Abel Tesfaye guarded and ruled the Region of Anguish. Not much different from Beyoncé, he was mysterious and preserved. Never, had he spoken much to any of the other Guardians and so, most didn't know much about him.

He was worshipped in his land, however. The people of this region were looked down upon by the others. The people of Anguish liked violence and pain; which made them lots of enemies during their lifetime. Abel was no different. He loved fights and good rumbles. This made him stand out from the other six guardians.

The other guardians didn't feel he was loyal to the role of protecting the people; they felt as if he was more for destroying than building. Abel disagreed and told the guardians, "I am just as loyal to my duty as you. I just don't mind getting my hands dirty in the worse possible way."

He sat in his room lazily. He was playing a violent video game, to let off steam. This was one of his favorite hobbies and it proved to be helpful with controlling his anger.

As he was about to kill another zombie with a deadly shot to the head, the doors to his quarters opened suddenly.

Startled, his hands moved to the left and he missed the zombie by two inches.

Abel grunted as he looked up to see who interrupted him. His face almost softened seeing Onika, the Guardian of The Region of Love.

"You're far from where you should be." Abel chuckled darkly.

Onika gulped, she hated when she had to speak to him. But, she didn't have a choice. After leaving Beyoncé and coming home to her Region, many people stopped her talking about how their loved ones had fell ill all of a sudden. Her people spoke of a sickness of some sort in the air and even she, felt something different in the sweet air of love.

Something wasn't right; and the main people known to cause chaos in the 7 Regions was the people of Anguish.

"I know." She spoke up, looking him in the eye.

He sat up right now, staring at his TV screen frustrated yet, he clicked it off, and turned his attention to her.

"If you know, then why are you here? It's not often I have visitors. Especially, other guardians." He spoke coldly.

Onika gulped again.

"I'm here on business. There is something wrong in my Region."

Abel laughed at her words.

"What am I supposed to do about that?" He grunted.

The silence and tension thickened as they looked at each other. Abel narrowed his eyes.

"You think I'm behind it?!"

"I wouldn't put it past you. You've always had an annoyance with my people and me." Onika said, turning to face away from Abel.

"I have an annoyance with everyone!" Abel exclaimed in disbelief. He shook his head now standing up to walk closer to her.

"I know I don't seem like the greatest guy, but my loyalty stands with all of you and the Enchantress. I would never put our people in harm's way just to get back at you. I may be unfriendly, but I'm not heartless." He chuckled slightly.

Onika looked back as she felt his hand on her shoulder. She looked him in the eyes as they stood face to face now. Continuing their eye contact, they began to move closer to each other unintentionally.

As their lips almost touched as they were nose to nose, Onika closed her eyes. Abel looked down at her and then the floor. Suddenly, they were halted in their actions as Abel put his index finger on her lips.

He stepped back as she opened her eyes looking at him with hooded eyes.

"You know, just because something isn't going your way..." He paused, thinking back to training school and how he watched Onika from a distance in class.

He also personally watched from the outside, Beyoncé and her become closer and closer. It was then that his little crush on Onika was gone. He knew where her heart belonged just by the look in her eyes. After training school, he never looked at Onika that way again.

Snapping out of his thoughts, he heard Onika clear her throat.

"Uh...Just because something isn't going your way...doesn't mean you do something you're going to regret." Abel spoke, looking down again while rubbing his neck.

Her eyes widened, how does he know? She thought. She looked back up at him, tears swelling at her eyes at just the thought of Beyoncé. She moved closer to Abel.

"B-but...what if I won't regret it?" She said shakily, holding back small teardrops that threatened to spill over.

Abel sighed wrapping his arms around her, but not tightly enough to the point where they weren't face to face.

"I can tell that something has happened to you. Don't let one minor situation deter you from what you actually feel. You don't want this. You don't...want me." He said sternly, but gently to her.

A single tear fell down her cheek and he quickly wiped it with his thumb. Letting go of her, he backed up.

Not knowing what to say, and feeling the tension rising quicker and quicker in the air, she turned to leave and go back to her region once again.

"See you around, cherry." Abel said quietly, making fun and mocking her by comparing her red demeanor to a cherry.

Onika chuckled once, before stepping out.