Chapter Eighteen: The Fire and The Unnamed

11:34AM
THE CENTER OF REGIONS
THE 7 GUARDIANS

The seven guardians walked in patches to The Center of Regions.

After the disagreement that took place, Kelly forced the group to take a vote.

It was a four over three: the group would be taking a trip to see the witch they call Lynn.

Beyoncé and Onika walked together, side by side now.

Onika kicked small pebbles, as Beyoncé looked forward. Onika turned to look up at the taller girl.

"Are you...scared?" Onika asked quietly.

Beyoncé stiffened at the sound of her voice, but quickly relaxed.

"No." She answered. "...what about you?" She asked after some time.

Onika shuffled on her feet, looking ahead at the clearing coming up. She knew it to be The Center of Regions.

"Yeah..." Onika answered with a sigh, looking down again.

Beyoncé looked over at her, quizzically.

"You are scared?" She asked Onika in slight shock.

Onika nodded her head, shaking away the embarrassment that came to her cheeks.

"Our people are dying, Bey. What if we go to Lynn and she knows nothing? We'll be back at the start. What if one of us becomes sick with Tranic? The future is so..." Onika trailed off, sniffling.

Tears quietly made their way down Onika's cheeks. Silence cascaded over the two.

Abel, who walked not far from the two, looked over at Onika. His ears perked up as he heard her sniffling.

Beyoncé stared at Onika for awhile, before reaching down to grab her hand.

Onika's head snapped up to look at Bey, but Beyoncé had already began looking ahead again.

Silence, again, overcame the two.

The future was dark and scary at the moment. No one had any idea what Tranic or the Shadow Clan was capable of.

That's what scared Onika the most.

"When you are not strong," Beyoncé began quietly, breaking the silence the engulfed them.

Beyoncé turned her head to the side, and looked down at the short girl who's hand she held tightly.

Onika looked up to meet her hazel orbs.

"I will protect you with all of my strength." She whispered.

Abel looked down, a smile pulling across his face.

~|||~
11:48AM
THE CENTER OF REGIONS
THE 7 GUARDIANS

Abel sat on a boulder.

Chris and Robyn threw rocks and pebbles to see who could throw the farthest.

Beyoncé and Onika sat in a leafy corner. Onika sat in Beyoncé's lap, facing her chest. She fiddled with the hood of Beyoncé's orange hoodie.

Kelly paced the crystal-covered grounds of The Center of Regions.

Cardi sat on the ground, her hands fidgeting with each other.