By the time it hit five, Abby and Miles had already left, leaving me and Kai all alone in the castle. There were no guards in sight, not even a single sound. Only the sound of my heal on the marble floor could be heard resonating. A hand gripped my shoulder startling me for a moment. Kai stared at me with a caring look.

"The doctor said you need to rest. Go take a break in our room if you'd like. If you need anything, I'll be in my office."

I shook my head at him. "I'm doing fine, and the pain is gone. At least for now."

"You still shouldn't push it. I'd suggest you still take a rest."

This time I nodded. He'd seemed to be genuinely concerned for me.

"Don't miss me too much. Okay sweetheart?" His concern was gone instead replaced with an awful smirk. One that I'd wish to wipe off.

"Don't worry, never in a million years." He'd left with a smile, leaving me to my own decisions. Of course I did feel tired, so I tried to sit still in my room, but the air was so suffocating. It was quiet and dense. It wasn't peaceful, but almost sinister. I couldn't handle it anymore. I needed fresh air. I grabbed a jacket and walked out the room. Again, no guards. The door was slightly opened leaving me to believe that maybe Kai felt the same thing and went for a walk. But why would he have left the door open? It was strange at the time, but I didn't think anything of it. And soon I'd regret leaving.

The cold air blew against my skin, causing goosebumps to rise. I should have brought a thicker jacket. The lights on the path out were dimly lit, brightening the stars above. This would look beautiful in the park, and with that I found my destination. I didn't expect to find anyone, but to my absolute surprise someone was there. And not just anyone. It was Reyna. She looked up at me equally surprised, before jumping up to hug me.

"I didn't expect seeing you here." She gave me a smile and I replied. "Neither did I. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask the same." We both laughed as we sat down at the cold metal bench.

"It's breezy today." I blew into my hands hoping to warm them but with no luck. Winter was approaching and looking at the weather now, we were sure to have a rough one this year. Let's just hope there aren't any blizzards. My condition always made me weak to the cold, and on certain days where it was extra cold, I would even get sick.

"Hey Rein." My sister interjected. "Are you happy?"

I was shocked at the sudden question. I was going to answer, but nothing was coming out. Was I happy? I don't know. I mean lately I've felt more alive. A lot better then before. I would even go as to say I've enjoyed spending the past week with the prince. He'd been a lot more caring, and his attitude has definitely changed. Instead of the mean and cold personality, he was... sweet. Even with his few cocky moments he'd changed, and I'd only realized it now. But was I happy? I don't know. Maybe.

"I see. " Reyna looked at me with a sad smile. "Mom and dad may have agreed to your marriage, but I didn't. At first I'd thought it would be cool to be related to someone who was royal, but then I thought of how I would feel in your position. I was selfish for thinking so. Rein-" she turned to me with her head down, but before she could continue I cut her off.

"I am." I said. "I am happy. Kai has been very nice lately. Maybe not as happy as I was with you guys. But I'm definitely not unhappy. I think Kai has changed and will continue to change. And I don't know. Maybe one day we'd fall in love for real. " I almost cringed at the statement but at the same time I wasn't lying. Admitting it made me feel funny. My heart was a lot lighter, and I felt like I was actually happy. Maybe I was happy all along, but I was too ignorant to notice.

"Rein, do you think I would find happiness?" I looked at her confused. Was she sad? "Reyna are you ok?" She didn't answer but leaned her head against my shoulder.

"I think I am. I just miss you. Mom and dad say I shouldn't bother you because your probably busy. And Rain is busy getting ready for his child. I've just been feeling lonely. "

"Hey Reyna, you can always talk to me. I'd always make time for you. You're my baby sister. Don't ever forget that. " I held her pinky in mine.

"A promise. To always make time for each other." I looked up at the sky, the reason I came here. It truly was a beautiful night.

"I should probably be heading back home before mom and dad start worrying. " She got up and started walking, but I stopped her. " Let me walk you home. Like old times, when we used to pick you up from school. " We both smiled, walking in silence , admiring the quiet night. Completely oblivious to what was happening within the castle grounds.

After dropping Reyna off and saying bye to my family, I started walking home. The sinister feeling returned once I reached the the front gate. And even grew when I realized the door to the castle was still open.