1

Rein's P.O.V

A sigh escaped my lips. I was tricked into coming to this party. My mother said that there would be food.

Well she technically wasn't lying. Curse my love for food.

The second we entered the castle I went to the buffet not caring about what was going on around me.

For all I know, my parents might be convincing the king and queen to let the prince marry me.

My parents and I didn't really come from a rich place. We were only able to buy the needed things such as food and water.

I don't know how I got invited to this party, but I'm just glad they have food.

I was about to grab another cake pop when someone else took it. "Hey, I wanted that." I yell. "I don't care. " The young male says.

He was dressed in a fine black suit, his shoes black to match.
His hair was a light brown, like his eyes . To be honest, he was handsome. As for me I was wearing a red skirt with a silver top and some silver flats.

I would say my outfit was around $75 and his was around $40,000.

If it weren't for his attitude, I would say he looked friendly.

"Can I have that back?" I ask holding out my hand. "No" he replies casually. "Hey! , that was supposed to be mine anyway."

I tried to get it out of his hand, but he swiftly dodged me. I tried again, this time managing to tackle him as the chocolate on my hands from the previous cake pop got on his suit.

"Hey! This is a Brioni Vanquish II Suit! Do you know how much this costs? " the man yelled.

This bi- "Rein! What are you doing?! I'm sorry your majesty please excuse my daughter's attitude" she apologized before bowing.

Oh. So he is the one everyone was talking about. The prince who would get married. Prince of Cardonia. Prince Kai.

"Rein bow down." my mother commanded.

"You can kick me out of this castle or even this country, but I am not going to bow down to someone like a dog." I say, standing my grounds.

The entire ball room had their eyes on the situation.

The guards were about to come, but seeing the prince end the argument, they stopped.

"We will now begin the ceremony." the king announced.

All the ladies began lining up for the prince while I went to my mother, until one of the guards dragged me to the line.

The prince began slowly eliminating girls, one by one, and finally after two hours, there were three people left.

That jerk just wanted my poor feet to suffer.

He looked at the lady next to me.

"Beautiful." he says, making her blush. "But not my type." he continues. Rude much?

"You." he says pointing at the beautiful young girl next to me. If I were him, I might have picked her too.

Yes! I can finally go home now.

I started walking towards my parents, doing a little victory dance, as the people began slowly clapping, not knowing if they should be happy that their own children didn't win, but the next thing the prince said had the entire ball room questioning the prince's sanity.

"Are out." he continued. That's right she's ou- "Wait what?! " I shout when his words finally dawn on me.

I look at the prince with widened eyes.

"No." I laugh. "I am not marrying you."

I looked at my parents who were to busy celebrating to realize my little argument.

What about my decision? "I have a choice and I say I don't want to marry you. " I say walking away.

"You're right. You do have a choice, but it seems like your the only one who managed to peak my interest out of this entire day, and I will get what I want. Guards. "

"I'm not an object! You can't just have me!" I yell, as two guards come out of the crowd.

One of them pick me up, startling me.

"Hey put me down. " I yell.

"Take her to her room." The prince says.

I look back at the prince with wide, angered eyes.

"You're making a mistake. I don't want to be here!" I shout.

I was getting frustrated, and began to kick and swing my hands at the guard, as my asthma was beginning to act up and, I was feeling a little light headed.

"Please, let me go. " I breathed out heavily, but the man ignored me.

One of the guards opened the door and then closed it when we were in, completely ignoring me.

"Please. I- I can't... breath."

Kai's POV

I sigh, angered from the little rant that just occurreded. Did she really have to act like that? "Please continue what you were doing. " I announce to the crowd.

Everyone began slowly talking again. Once everything was settled, I went up to her room.

I slammed the door open before walking up to her. "What the hell was the sudden outburst for! You embarrassed me! " I shout at her, closing my eyes from the anger.When I opened them though, I saw a tear slide down her cheek.

"No don't start this. Don't be a cry baby. I don't want to have to deal with someone crying. "

I actually can't stand it. For some reason I always feel sad when others cry.

I sigh again. "What do you need? " I asked calmer. "M-my" she stutters finding it hard to speak.

"M-my... Asthma pu-mp. " she barely managed to get out before I realized what she meant. I had one of the guards go get it.

After a minute one of the guards came back with the asthma pump.

I took it and handed it to her. She used it and calmed down.

She wiped away the tears that had slipped out of her eyes. I then left her since she was 'OK' now, I guess.

Rein's POV

I had a massive headache. I decided to rest for a bit then look for an escape.

After the headache cooled off, I got up and went to the door. Damn, it's locked. I went to the balcony instead.

It was too high up. I decided to tie the bed sheets together to create a rope. I tied one end to the balcony and threw the other end over.

I was about to escape when the door burst open.

_______________________________________