52

My legs were jello the next morning. I woke up in time for my call with Macy and was happy to hear that she's getting released this week. She's still going to attend therapy twice a week and she's moving in with Emilia in Gram's house. It'll always be Gram's house to me.

I didn't tell Macy about the engagement yet. I wanted to see her in person. I wanted to be able to ask her to be my maid of honor. She sounded good and told me she couldn't wait until we came back.

"Harry!" I called with no answer.

I wandered back into the bedroom of our suite to find him on the phone. He was talking to Mitch about after the last show going back to California. I smiled knowing that hadn't been the original plan, but he'd made it work so we could be together.

I didn't want to stay in California but I did want to get things completely settled with Club Crystal

I didn't want to stay in California but I did want to get things completely settled with Club Crystal. Our manager was quitting and I'd talked him into staying long enough for me to come back to the states at least.

"Talk to you soon Mitch." Harry hung up and reached out snagging me behind the knees.

I fell onto the bed and he rolled me under him as he looked over me. His tousled hair handing in a perfect mess. I looked up at him with a playful laugh.

"Now that you've got me what are you going to do with me?" I asked.

He kissed me slowly, like we had all the time in the world. Then he pulled back a fraction and smiled. "Love you."

"Love you more." I pressed another kiss to his lips.

He sighed and rolled off me. "I have to get ready."

"Yeah, we have a lot to do today." I sighed.

Today was the day he flies to the venue for the last show, and I won't be joining him. I'll be flying back to California. Emilia needs me for a few things and I want to surprise Macy. Plus all the drama with the club. Today was the day Harry and I had to part ways for the first time in almost six months.

It would only be for a few days, but I'd miss him. Looking at his back as he pulled on a shirt I saw the claw marks I'd left there last night. I smiled replaying it in my mind.

"Anna?" Harry's voice was teasing as I popped open my eyes.

"Hmm?" I asked.

"I asked if you were hungry?"

I let my eyes trail over him and winked. "Starving."

"You're such a good girl." He came to stand in front of me as I sat on the bed. "I meant food Anna."

I blushed. "Oh, I'm yeah. I could eat. I mean I can always eat. Come to thing of it, I'm actually really hungry. We should get breakfast before we leave. Maybe some pancakes or something. I want orange juice."

"Alright," he laughed. "Let's go."

***

The flight back to California was long and I had two lay overs. I slept the first flight and then was wired for the rest of the time.

Taking a car from the airport was strange. What was worse was pulling up in front of Gram's house and knowing she wasn't going to be inside. I paid my driver and carried my luggage to the porch.

Emilia had told me just to let myself in. She was in classes most of the day. I got my key out and went inside. Nothing had changed much as I walked through the foyer.

The house still smelled like vanilla and coconut. There was a pizza box on the counter in the kitchen. I could see that there was mail on the table too.

I sat my keys down in the dish by the entrance and hauled my things to the room that had been mine. It was just like I left it. Nothing was out of place and the bed was still made from the last time I'd been here.

Sitting on the bed I laid back and let a few tears slide down my cheeks. I just miss her so much. It's overwhelming sometimes. My phone buzzed from my front pocket and I fished it out.

"Hello?"

"Miss Towns? This is Franklin, the bartender at Club Crystal. There's a construction team here ready to work, but I wanted to call and make sure you knew they were here." He said.

"They're legitimate." I said. "They're there to replace some stuff in the kitchen and redo the ceiling in the bathrooms."

"Wonderful!" He gave them the okay. "Miss Towns?"

"Yes?"

"Have you heard from Shane?" He asked about the manager. "He hasn't been here all week."

"He's only coming in when he has to." I sighed. "He's quitting."

"Oh!" Franklin was clearly in the dark about this. "What are we going to do?"

"I'll find someone, and things will continue as usual." I said trying to be optimistic.

"I hope that's how it works out." He chuckled. "I better get back to work. Have a lovely day Miss Towns."

I hung up and sent Harry a text letting him know I'd made it here safe. He'd still be in the air but I wanted him not to worry. Then I unpacked my things.

Once I was settled in I went to the living room and flipped on the TV. There was an episode of I Love Lucy on and I sat down. I watched the whole thing and thought of Gram. It felt like she was squeezing my shoulder and telling me everything was going to be okay. That was all the reassurance I needed.

This was all going to be fine. I'd find a manager. I'd get things settled. Macy would be my maid of honor and Emilia would be a bridesmaid. I'd marry Harry and I'd get my happily ever after, right?