15

Harry's POV

Mitch and I had been working on music nonstop. I had lyrics coming out of my ears. Some were great and some were trash. I had so much in my head it just kept coming. All of it was about Anna though, and I didn't want an album like that. I didn't want an album all about a girl.

After days of moping around and debating calling Anna to apologize Mitch put his foot down. He showed up at my villa with packed bags and drug me to the airport. We flew to New York to get some distance and he took my phone so I wouldn't be doing anything stupid.

"This girls making you crazy man." Mitch said as we sat next to each other at the bar. "I've never seen someone so consumed by a girl they're not even dating."

I shook my head. "She drives me mad."

"The song you started writing about the party shows that." He laughed.

"What do you mean?"

"She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes
Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect
And all the boys, they were saying they were into it
Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck
She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it
I'm kind of into it
It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it..." he said the words.

I chuckled. "Yeah I guess that is about the party."

"How're you going to finish it?" Mitch asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Might just trash it."

"Don't. I like that one, maybe we can just put it on the back burner." He sipped his drink. "So What is it about Anna?"

"I don't fucking know." I rubbed my eyes. "She's smart, and funny. Her laugh makes me laugh. I don't know, she's gorgeous and she makes me think."

"Sounds like you're in deep." He laughed.

"Yeah, fuck me."

"Let's drink it away. We can worry about it all tomorrow." He raised his glass. "To figuring it out another day!"

"Here here!" I clinked my glass to his.

***

The next morning was rough to say the least. I was tired and hungover, but Mitch insisted we go do some tourist shit. We walked around the city and he pulled girls. I wasn't interested in anyone but the girl who told me off back in California.

Mitch insisted we eat in Jersey. We got stuck in traffic in the bloody holland tunnel. It was just a nightmare. The whole day had me on edge and my mind kept wandering back to Anna.

"Why don't you just call her?" Mitch asked when we got back to the hotel. "You're even making me miserable."

"She's just so guarded. I don't understand what I can do different." I shook my head. "Maybe were no good for each other."

"Man I don't know if you see it or not, but that girl looks at you like the stars at night. I don't see how you wouldn't be good for each other. I mean the universe practically threw you two back at each other, and less than a week ago I walked in on you two practicing the horizontal hula."

"You're and idiot." I shook my head.

"But I'm right." He shrugged.

I looked up at the ceiling. "Yeah, you're right."

"Just call her."

I took my phone from him and called her. She didn't answer though. She was probably busy with her grandma. I shook my head and looked through my missed calls. Anna had called and hung up yesterday. She's caved first. I wonder what she'd have said.

"She didn't answer." I told Mitch. "I think I'm calling it a night."

"Well we made some real progress with these songs man. The musics all good, and we have some good lyrics. We just need to finish them."  He smiled. "Get some sleep and I'll book us a flight home the day after tomorrow."

I tossed and turned all night. Finally once the sun was up I just laid there. I thought of Anna. How good she'd felt up against me at the party, and in my hands at my villa. She was such a good girl but I knew that wasn't how she was in the bedroom. She might've been a virgin that first time but my god it was hard to believe.

I found myself with my hand down my trousers thinking about how she'd feel right now if she was here with me. I stroked myself picturing her on top of me. She'd look so good bouncing up and down. Her hair dropping down her back when she'd through her head back for me. God, I need her so bad.

"Fuck," I opened my eyes and looked around seeing I was still alone in the stupid hotel room.

After falling back to sleep I woke up at nine and took a shower. I grabbed a few bottles out of the mini refrigerator and downed them. Looking at my phone Anna still hadn't called back. Her silence was deafening. I hadn't felt like this since the last time she left.

Well, this time I left but it's the same feeling. She was plaguing my mind. I downed a few more drinks and pulled out my song notebook. I found a song I'd started a long time ago with Mitch before he even knew about Anna. I looked over the words we already had and made some changes. I left Mitch's lyrics alone because I knew what they meant to him.

Then I ended up with this:

Woke up alone in this hotel room
Played with myself, where were you?
Fell back to sleep, I got drunk by noon
I've never felt less cool
We haven't spoke since you went away
Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever be the first one to break?
Even the phone misses your call, by the way

I saw your friend that you know from work
He said you feel just fine
I see you gave him my old T-shirt
More of what was once mine
I see it's written, it's all over his face

Comfortable silence is so overrated
Why won't you ever say what you want to say?
Even my phone misses your call, by the way
Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too

Another song complete. At least the record label would be happy. I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes. Tomorrow I'd hunt Anna down when I got back to California. I needed to make this right. She feels too right to be wrong.