231 (part 6-10)

Chapter 231: Return Of An Old Friend (Part 6)
When Shen Miao gotten the news, she was in a daze for a long time.

She had not thought that the enemies of her previously were all been cleaned up that tidy. However she also felt that all these were ought to be as such.

Fu Xiu Yi had planted the evil seed very early on which there would be a day that it would be harvested. Mei Furen as a tiger for it’s skin and definitely would be devoured by the tiger. They were always making use of others, using gold and beauties to exchange for things that they wanted and these kind of people’s heart looked like everything was possible, but it would not last long.

Therefore Fu Xiu Yi would be betrayed by his own aides at the end and Mei Furen would die in the hands of the man that used to pamper in her previous lifetime.

Shen Miao thought that upon learning of these two people ending, she would be inevitable shout out of joy but at this moment, there was not much emotions in her heart. It was as if she had done the things that she should do but no longer need to take revenge for the next half of her life.

She looked down at her abdomen. It was because she had more important possessions.

In the hatred and sorrow, it was oneself who could not walk out of it. However Xie Jing Xing and this child had led her out of that long nightmare. The longer one lived, the calmer one’s heart would be. She always felt that she could do it and did the final thing for Fu Ming and Wan Yu. As for this lifetime, she must live well.

Luo Tan looked at the flowers outside and said, “The lotus flowers are really good. Youngest Biao Sister, lets’ go for a walk later.”

Shen Miao nodded her head.

Lotus flowers were very good. Empress Xian De liked to look at lotuses the most.

Emperor Yong Le’s health was not as good as the days passed.

The Imperial Edict on succession had been disccessed private with Emperor Yong Le’s confidants. Emperor Yong Le did not hid his condition and the few high ranking ministers had arranged everything secretly. If there was really such a day that Emperor Yong Le no longer wake up, everything would go smoothly and the Imperial Edict would be announced to the world. When Xie Jing Xing returned from the expedition, what would be waiting for him would be the responsibility of the entire Great Liang.

Naturally Emperor Yong Le’s condition was hidden from Xie Jing Xing.

At such a time, Empress Xian De seemed to be the calmest one. She still read books, brewed tea, played chess and wrote like usual. The things that were spoken to Emperor Yong Le were those common and occasionally poke fun at Shen Miao. If one ignore the paler Emperor Yong Le, on the surface, there was no difference than normal.

In Wei Yang Palace, Empress Xian De looked outside, “It had rain a little just now so it would definitely be very cooling at night. ChenQie is reluctant to drink that jar of Snow wine, why not His Majesty accompany ChenQie to drink it today?”

Emperor Yong Le sat on the chair and glanced at Empress Xian De before laughing, “One jar. Could it be that you want to get drunk?” His words were however very gentle.

“Who doesn’t want to get drunk and not wake up?” Empress Xian De muttered to herself before saying, “One jar of wine would not get one drunk. ChenQie has a good tolerance of alcohol. When one was young, one would often steal wine to drink with one’s Older Brother.”

When Emperor Yong Le heard it, he showed a rare interest and said, “That is not like what you would do.”

“What can this be considered?” Empress Xian De was somewhat proud when she spoke, “When drinking with Older Brothers, ChenQie had never lost before. At that time Father even boasted that he would find an alcohol that ChenQie would get drunk with just one sip but after finding for some time, he could not find it. Afterwards, ChenQie entered the Palace and feared of losing one bearings after drinking and thus no longer drinks.”