181-182

Chapter 181: Convicting The Crime (Part 1)
The pattern around the safety pendant was very special and one could recognize it from a glance. Luo Ling's expression thus became very ugly and he asked, "One dare to ask Your Highness Prince Rui... Where does the safety pendant on one's waist came from?"

Shen Qiu looked at Luo Ling strangely. Luo Ling was one who knew his boundaries and would be very calm outside however he rashly asked Prince Rui and this was simply to abrupt. Prince Rui was in a good mood and came over to greet and it was one's honour. One had to see if Prince Rui was willing to answer when one asked Prince Rui a question.

Unexpectedly today Prince Rui would give him face and untied the safety amulet. He spun it in his hands and said with a lazy smile, "This? It is given to me by a Young Lady."

Shen Qiu, "..."

Prince Rui's words were a lot today. Why did he need to bring up these 'romance matters' to both of them? Shen Qiu felt awkward as he felt that one would die faster if one knew some stuff but he was not at all interested in Prince Rui's private matters so why did Luo Ling ask such stuff?

Luo Ling's face became paler and he could not help but stared at the safety pendant in Prince Rui's hands. However Prince Rui only took a glance at him before hanging the safety pendant back on his waist and said to Shen Qiu, "This Prince still have some things and would not be chatting more with Vice General Shen. If Vice General Shen is free in future, do come over to the residence of Prince Rui for a visit." He continued with a smile but not a smile, "This Prince really wants to exchange notes with Vice General Shen."

Finishing, he pulled the reins and the horse lifted its hoofs before suddenly leaving. Shen Qiu and Luo Ling stood stunned on the same spot.

Shen Qiu muttered, "Could it be that this Prince Rui want to draw me to his side?" Without any rhyme or reason why did Prince Rui want him to visit the residence of Prince Rui? Shen Qiu dared to say that one feared that Prince Rui did not say such things to the Princes of Ming Qi before.

Although his martial arts were indeed outstanding, it could be that Prince Rui had taken into fancy his martial arts skills. Shen Qiu felt self-contented when he suddenly Luo Ling's unusual expression. Feeling that it was somewhat strange, he asked, "Younger Biao Brother, what is wrong with you? Are you not feeling well? Why is your expression so ugly?"

Luo Ling regained to his senses and forcefully smiled, "Nothing. Let's go back."

"Alright." Shen Qiu looked as Prince Rui disappeared at the end of the streets and said, "It seemed that Prince Rui likes that young lady a lot and actually carry the love token on his waist. One does not know which family's young lady is that fortunate. One fear that that she would be awaken in her dreams."

Shen Qiu's heart was magnanimous but did not discover on the route back, Luo Ling's steps were staggering.

It seemed that he had been attacked very hard.

*****

As expected by everyone, HuangFu Hao's assassination in Ming Qi had brought a lot of trouble. Although the Crown Prince's clique had been striving for the Crown Prince's innocence, but there was no movements from the Investigation Bureau. It seemed that the Crown Prince would be imprison for a long time.

Emperor Wen Hui's action also gave the court officials a new impression. The tea cools when the person left, when the Crown Prince was imprison, some people saw that it was not right and in a turn of a head, quickly turn towards another Prince. The situation in court changed but it was not mentioned at all.

The winds at night were cold, when one went out with Luo Tan in the daytime to buy fabrics for the New Year, Luo Xue Yan said that both of them were Young Ladies had to have more clothes thus they almost went around the entire Ding capital. When they returned to the residence, Shen Miao was so tired.