Chapter 131: Person Not As Good As A Tiger (Part 1)

On the second day, Shen Miao received an invitation. This invitation was not from others but from the Qin country’s Princess Ming An, inviting her to have a gathering at the residence on the Yan Qing Lane.

This invitation was sent by a close servant of the house and was brought in by Gu Yu to Shen Miao. Initially one thought it was Feng An Ning that sent it over to invite her out to play, thus she did not want to open it but it was Princess Ming An instead. Jing Zhe said worriedly, “This is fake right? Else why would Princess Ming An send an invitation over without rhyme or reason? Princess Ming An does not have any friendship with Young Lady, is not this pretentious?”

Gu Yu shook her head, “There is the Princess seal on the top, one think that it is not a fake.” She looked towards Shen Miao, “This Princess Ming An was humiliated during the tribute banquet by Young Lady, one fear that she is finding an opportunity to get revenge. It is better for Young Lady to push it away, else it would be bad if that Princess Ming An have ill-intentions.”

Jing Zhe also nodded repeatedly, “Yes. Yes. Yes. It is better to tell Master and Furen of this matter and let them decide.”

Shen Miao thought about it for a while and shook her head, “Do not tell anyone of this matter. With Father’s and Mother’s temper, they are bound to use tough tactics, but the current relationship between the Qin country and the Ming Qi is sensitive. If it was only a fight between me and Princess Ming An, it would still be alright, but if it involve Father and Mother, one fear that it would also involve the court and it would be shooting oneself in the foot.”

“Do not tell Master and Furen.” Jing Zhe then asked, “Can it be that Young Lady want to accept this invitation?” Jing Zhe was very unwilling in her heart. To be together with a Princess with ill-intent and it was not at one’s territory, if Shen Miao were to suffer, it would be too late to save anything.

“No harm in it.” Shen Miao said, “Since Princess Ming An gave me an invitation, and the invitation is in my hands, if something went wrong with me, Princess Ming An will be involved. When the Qin Crown Prince know of it, he would also block it. She will not dare to do anything, and it will be nothing more than some small tricks and means. I am not afraid.”

“But.” Gu Yu was still very worried.

“No more buts. Just do it. The date in the invitation is two days later, so I will take a trip down two days later and do not let others know about it.” After pausing she continued, “I will let Mo Qing follow. The invitation will remain in the residence and if anything really happened, let Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang to look for my Eldest Brother with the invitation.”

Even if Jing Zhe and Gu Yu have ten thousand of unwillingness, they could only promise Shen Miao helplessly.

Coincidently, in the outermost mansion of the Yan Qing Lane, where the the Qin country’s Imperial family was residing, Princess Ming An received the reply from a servant. She opened it to take a look, and suddenly became a little angry and threw that letter down on the table. She said coldly, “Really courageous indeed.”

“Why are you angry again?” A male pushed open the door to enter from behind, and asked with a frown when he saw Princess Ming An’s appearance.

When Princess Ming An saw the oncoming person, she stood up and walked over before handing the reply over to the other person and threw a tantrum, “Crown Prince Older Brother, you see that Shen Miao. I send her an invite, she actually replied and agreed to the meeting. She is really not afraid of death.”

“You gave her an invitation and if she really did not accept then she is really gusty. Now she accepted it and you are not happy, do not be so unreasonable.” Even knowing Princess Ming An’s temperament, HuangFu Hao still did not follow her line of conversation, and instead poured cold water over Princess Ming An’s head.