Chapter 135: Nightmare (Part 1)

“It was me that sent you the invitation, Qing Yi.”

Chang Zai Qing was startled for a moment and asked somewhat puzzled, “Fifth Young Lady, this is?”

“The previous time Qing Yi came and went hurriedly so I did not have a good chat with Qing Yi. Qing Yi mentioned that one will come visit again, but I had waited for quite some time but did not see Qing Yi, so one had to send over an invite first. Fearing that my seal was not appropriate, my Mother’s seal was used. Qing Yi will not blame me right?”

Chang Zai Qing looked at the young female in front of her. She was quietly speaking with a smile and was not at all embarrassed. If one were to continue to press on it, it would seem that Chang Zai Qing was too calculative. Chang Zai Qing smiled on the spot, “How can it be? It is Zai Qing’s fortune to be invited by Fifth Young Lady.” As she was speaking, she was sizing Shen Miao up quietly. The previous time in the Shen mansion, even though Shen Miao was not indifferent to her, she was definitely not warm and there were a few times of rudeness. To be suddenly invited unfathomably, it had already set off a warning in Chang Zai Qing’s heart.

“The main hall is very cold. It is better that Qing Yi come to my room to sit.” Shen Miao stood up with a smile, “It is not far from here. I really cannot stand this cold wind.”

Chang Zai Qing amenably complied. When reaching Shen Miao’s room, Shen Miao instructed the maid to serve tea and cakes. The fire brazier was burning and the window was opened with a small slit before the door was closed. The room was very warm but was not stuffy.

Shen Miao pushed the tea in front of Chang Zai Qing. Chang Zai Qing smiled as she picked the cup up to take a sip, before her expression became somewhat weird.

“This is Zhu Dan Tea. It taste very bitter and rough, but smell fragrant. Qing Yi most likely is not used to drinking it.” Shen Miao explained with a smile.

Chang Zai Qing’s expression paused for a moment, as she was made somewhat puzzled with this move of Shen Miao’s. With the way of hospitality, one would naturally bring out the best tea leaves, so upon using this poor grade of tea, was it to humiliate her? But based on Shen Miao’s expression, it did not seemed to be the case.

“Even though this tea is bitter, it is extremely good for the body. When one drinks it during winter, it would drive the cold away and maintain warmth. My Father and Older Brother are all people who practices martial arts, thus will naturally drink Zhu Dan Tea during winter. Later even the entire residence all drank this kind of tea.” Shen Miao looked at Chang Zai Qing, “Qing Yi is from a scholarly family and most likely do not like to drink this kind of tea, but as we are a military family, we are not particular.”

Chang Zai Qing waved as she laughed, “Fifth Young lady is joking. The Chang family is an ordinary family. Even though this Zhu Dan Tea is bitter, it is good for one’s health so one will not find it rough after drinking for a long time.”

Shen Miao shook her head, “It is easy to constrain oneself for a period of time, but it is difficult to constrain oneself in one’s entire lifetime.”

Chang Zai Qing was surprised for a moment and felt that there were hidden meanings in Shen Miao’s words, thus she could not help but look at Shen Miao.

Shen Miao smiled, “Speaking of which, one heard that Qing Yi is currently residing in the Shen residence. Is the people of the Shen residence treating Qing Yi well?”

“Very well.” Chang Zai Qing smiled, “They take great care of me.”

“You have similar interests with Third Shen, so one would think that both of you will be able to hit it off.” Shen Miao smiled, “Third Shen all along liked to indulge in literary skills, and Third Shu originally respected her a lot because of it. Most likely you have also seen that Third Shu treats Third Shen very well. In the entire Third Household, there is only Third Shen, one matriarch.” She then sighed after speaking, “It is a pity that Third Shen does not have a Di son. If there is a Di son, she would not need to be so worried.”