183-184

Chapter 183: Identity (Part 1)
When those words were spoken, a blanket of silence fell into the room.

Luo Xue Yan dared not look at Shen Miao's eyes, Shen Xin's voice had revealed exhaustion, Luo Ling was stunned, Lou Tan's jaw dropped and it was Shen Qiu who slammed on the table and stood up, "What is this?"

The calmest one was however Shen Miao.

However even though she looked calm on the surface, it did not mean that there were no waves in her heart. She had long expected Xie Jing Xing's move but she did not expect that Xie Jing Xing would actually dared to be so blatant... Wait. How did he make Emperor Wen Hui take the initiative to bestow the marriage?

As Shen Miao was thinking about that, Shen Qiu could not help but stood up and spoke in a rush, "What kind of person Prince Rui is? How could Younger Sister, a Young Lady of Ming Qi marry a person from Great Liang? Is the Emperor crazy?"

"Qiu-er." Luo Xue Yan glared at him, "Guard one's tongue." Walls had ears and there would be spies of the Heavens' family everywhere. Shen Qiu so crazily angry that he such treacherous things.

Shen Qiu held his tongue and looked at Shen Miao before he scratched his head, "No matter what, Younger Sister cannot marry to that whatever Prince Rui... Why is this name so familiar..." Suddenly his brain made the connection and he suddenly clapped his hands, "So it is that person. Like I said, why a magnificent Prince of First Rank in Great Liang would take the initiative to greet me? So he is chasing Younger Sister. How vile."

Shen Xin frown when he heard it and asked, "You have seen Prince Rui?"

"The last time when Younger Biao Brother and I returned to the residence, we have encountered him. He even invited me to the residence of Prince Rui to spar." Shen Qiu spoke angrily, "If I had known that he had such an intention, I would have broken his horse's legs and let him fall to his death."

Shen Miao, "..."

Luo Ling was also startled before thinking about something and looked at Shen Miao.

Shen Miao was unable to make head or tails of Luo Ling's complicated gaze and also did not have the mood at this moment to investigate it further. She only asked Shen Xin, "This was the Imperial decree that His Majesty announced? Why did the Emperor suddenly bestow a marriage to me?"

Even though there were not many Young Ladies that were suitable to marry to Great Liang, there were a few Imperial Princesses in the Imperial family and numerous Princesses, so no matter the case there was no need to pinpoint her. Of course Shen Miao knew that it was Xie Jing Xing's intention but she still want to inquire on how did Xie Jing Xing convince Emperor Wen Hui.

(GongZhu = Daughters of the Emperor aka Imperial Princesses, JunZhu = Daughters of Princes or titles granted by the Emperor to specific Young Ladies aka Princess)

Shen Xin looked at Shen Miao, he eyes felt painful and it was only after a moment when he sighed and said, "Jiao Jiao, it is Father that is incompetent." He then slowly spoke of the day's matters.

So it was during today's court when Emperor Wen Hui had dealt with the few court matters but suddenly changed topic and spoke of Prince Rui's of Great Liang's intention to marry back a Prince Consort from Ming Qi. Some of the officials were excited and some were restless. Those who doted on their daughters naturally would not wish to see their daughters marrying far away, whereas those who were determined to climb up the ladder would wish to see their daughters marrying to Prince Rui and be at least a Prince's Consort.

However Emperor Wen Hui did not give others much opportunity to think and the Young Lady that was bestowed a marriage was Shen Miao, the Di daughter of the Formidable Grand General, Shen Xin.