Chapter 117: Xie Older Brother (Part 1)

The lights in the Western courtyard of the Shen residence were all lit throughout the night.

Shen Gui and Shen Wan wanted to inquire about it, and made their own cronies to keep a watch outside the courtyard doors that not even a mosquito could enter. But to be able to inquire about what was said inside, it was easier said than done.

In the room, Shen Qiu poured a cup of tea for Shen Miao and said, “Younger Sister speak slowly.”

With regards to military affairs, the Shen family had Shen Xin, Luo Xue Yan and Shen Qiu, and Shen Miao was never involved in such matters at all. Young ladies that grew up in the far away from battle Ding capital, and perhaps even the large families in the Ding capital would not be able to understand the structure, as matters of military affairs were often indistinguishable treacherous, and would not be as simple as how it looked on the surface. Even most officials could not the difference apart, much less Shen Miao.

But even if Shen Miao speak of it, everything that she said was so logical, that Shen Xin and wife could not help but cast sidelong glances at one another.

“Cast away the Shen family’s army and revive the Luo family’s army.” Luo Xue Yan said, “But the Shen family’s army are all elites and the Luo family’s army…” Speaking of her own Father’s army, Luo Xue Yan was somewhat sad, “How can it compare with the Shen family’s army?”

“Even though the Luo family’s army are scattered, the most important value is its cleanliness.” Shen Miao said, “There are already traitors in Father’s Shen family’s army and to bring this kind of army into battle, how would one know if one would be stabbed at the back with a knife.”

When the words were spoken, all three became silent.

To have someone who went through life and death and was raised from a soldier to be a traitor, was indeed something that everyone did not wish to see.
Shen Xin said, “I have also thought about what Jiao Jiao had said.”

Shen Qiu and Luo Xue Yan looked at Shen Xin at the same time. At this moment Shen Xin had gotten rid of the suspicious expression, and looked at Shen Miao with some appreciation in his gaze, “An indecision will invariably lead to trouble. But previously Jiao Jiao mentioned in the horse carriage, that within two years I will definitely be recalled back to the capital. What is that about?”

“Exactly.” Shen Qiu turned his head over and looked at Shen Miao, “How does Younger Sister know that His Majesty would recall Father back to the capital within two years?”

No one could guess an Emperor’s mind and for Shen Miao to say such words, there seemed to be some meaning to it. Luo Xue Yan started to get anxious as she was thinking in the long term. Those people who could guess clearly the Emperor’s mind would definitely be Emperor Wen Hui’s people. Could it be that Prince Ding and Shen Miao matters that had been spread all around were true? Lou Xue Yan was worried that Shen Miao was involved in the muddy waters of the fight for the heir apparent, and was used as a chess piece.

Shen Miao’s eyes drooped down. Within two years, Emperor Wen Hui would need to recall Shen Xin back to the capital. This was because of Ming Qi’s tribute presentation to the Emperor, there was the Qin country on the North, and Great Liang on the West, hence like this, Ming Qi’s position in the middle was very precarious. At that time, the Emperor Wen Hui’s health was not good, the Crown Prince was lying sick in bed, Prince Zhou and Prince Li were badly bruised from fighting one another, and Fu Xiu Yi was secretly and gradually spreading his net.

As a loyal General, Shen Xin would definitely be used by Emperor Wen Hui to deter the enemies. Just like the last lifetime, even though at that time the Imperial family was suppressing the Shen family’s army, they still left a final string, and the last drop of oil was squeezed out of Shen Xin by the Royal family.