223-224

Chapter 223: The Death of Consort Jing (Part 1)
At the end of the rock garden, there was a long staircase and at the bottom of the steps, there was a female. There were large patches of blood pools below the female, making Shen Miao and the two maids behind stunned. When they went up forward to take a look, they were surprised that it was Consort Jing.

Consort Jing was holding on to her abdomen at the moment and her entire face was filled with sweat, while her face was as pale as paper. She was curled up to a ball and was moaning painfully. Shen Miao went up to take a look but saw that there were traces of scuffs on the steps, indicating that Lu Jing fell down from this staircase.

Upon seeing Shen Miao, Lu Jing made all effort to reach out and only manage to say two words, “Save me.” Then she fainted.

Ba Jiao asked, “Furen. This…”

“Call people over.” Shen Miao frowned, “She is after all pregnant with a Dragon seed. Moreover if a matter of do nothing to save another life is spread out, the one at the disadvantage would only be the residence of Prince Rui.” Even though she was not willing to be implicated in such matters, she was also not willing for the residence of Prince Rui to bear the bad reputation.

Ba Jiao nodded her head and complied before rushing away. Hui Xiang looked around and shook her head, “There is no one else.”

“Have long run away.” Shen Miao frowned, “To actually harm another that openly like this in the Palace, the other party’s guts is sure big.” She then looked at Consort Jing who was barely perceptible breathing and sighed. Shen Miao saw those female in the Palace that miscarriage and with Consort Jing like this, one feared that the child in the womb could not be saved. Shen Miao did not pity Consort Jing but felt sorry for the unborn child. If this fetus was not in Lu Jing’s womb, how would there be this calamity before one was born? Thinking about children, Shen Miao suddenly thought about that youth’s face that she saw in the woods. Her heart shrunk. If that was truly Fu Ming, why was he unwilling to see her? If that was not Fu Ming… Then why did he look so much like Fu Ming?

As Shen Miao was thinking, since there were only limited people in the Palace that was coming and going, after the matter of Lu Jing had passed, she will then make a request to Empress Xian De or Xie Jing Xing to search for that youth. She did not believe that it was her illusion as she was sober.

The people that Ba Jiao called quickly came and jumped in shock upon seeing Consort Jing like this. Although Emperor Yong Le did not care about Consort Jing’s pregnancy, but Consort Jing was after all carrying Emperor Yong Le’s first child. At this moment, at such a state, discerning eyes could tell that this child could not be saved.

There was no need to speak much as these people quickly send Consort Jing to Jing Hua Palace, invited the Imperial Physician over and instructed people to inform Emperor Yong Le and Empress Xian De. As Shen Miao was the first person who saw Consort Jing, no matter if it was not related to her, she was also implicated and could not leave.

Hui Xiang felt somewhat uneasy. The matters of the Imperial family were the most complicated and especially when it comes to matters concerning on Dragon seeds. The most difficult thing was that Shen Miao was implicated and Hui Xiang even suspect if it was a conspiracy.

Emperor Yong Le and Empress Xian De rushed over quickly but Shen Miao discovered that Xie Jing Xing was not present and did not know where he went. She initially wanted to tell him about the matter but looking at the current situation, she could only let it be.

After Emperor Yong Le’s arrival, he had questioned the people around and knew that there was not a single palace maid by Consort Jing’s side at that time, otherwise they would not let her fall down the staircase and also no one helping her till she had to request Shen Miao. Empress Xian De asked with a frown, “Isn’t Consort Jing in Jing Hua Palace chatting with the Young Lady of the Ye family? Why did she go to the Imperial Gardens? Where is the Young Lady of the Ye family?”