189-190

Chapter 189: Sustaining Injuries (Part 1)
Shen Miao lit a lamp in the night as she wanted to tidy up the books that Shen Qiu had sent over during the day. Shen Qiu always felt that she likes reading and thinking that she would be marrying off, he had instructed people to search for single publications. Some of these single publications recorded the big events of the previous dynasty but some were also romance novels. Shen Miao had planned to gift these novels to Luo Tan and Feng An Ning and keep those books on previous dynasties, as they would perhaps come to use in the future.

Just as she was tidying up, she heard some movement outside her window. She was not accustomed to be waited upon at night so normally Jing Zhe and Gu Yu would retire early and would not be appearing at this time. She looked towards the window but there was no one. After thinking for a bit, Shen Miao open the doors and walked to the courtyard to take a look.

She was not afraid that there were bad people as there was still Cong Yang in this courtyard. If it was someone bad, Cong Yang would have long taken action. Who knew when she walked into the courtyard, she saw someone standing under the tree. She was startled and took two steps forward with the lantern and found that it was Xie Jing Xing.

Xie Jing Xing did not wear his purple long robe and instead changed into an entire body of black clothes. When he was wearing his purple robes, he was a noble gentleman but when wearing black, there was some air of a cold blooded austere around him. A lazy smile was hanging on his face as always and watched as Shen Miao walked up.

Shen Miao felt that something was wrong with Xie Jing Xing but she was unable to say what was wrong. She stood by Xie Jing Xing and asked, “Why stand here?”

If it was in the past, one feared that Xie Jing Xing would have long self invite and entered her room to drink tea.

Xie Jing Xing’s lips was raised and before Shen Miao could talk, Xie Jing Xing suddenly fell towards her.

Shen Miao unconsciously supported him but felt a large area of wetness behind him. Using the weak light from the lantern to look, it was shocking to see a large patch of blood. Because winter was too cold, one’s sense of smell was not sensitive and one could only smell the strong stench of blood when Xie Jing Xing fell onto her.

She called out softly, “Cong Yang.”

No one around answered. Cong Yang seemed to be absent.

Shen Miao was somewhat anxious. Currently in this kind of moment of anxiety, this Cong Yang disappeared at such a time. She dared not alarm others as she did not know where did Xie Jing Xing came from with a body of wounds. She half supported and half hugged Xie Jing Xing to her room and let Xie Jing Xing lie on her bed before wanted to invite a doctor over.

Just as she was about to leave, Xie Jing Xing seemed to wake up for a moment and said, “Don’t call anyone.”

Shen Miao was stunned and squatted down beside him to ask, “What about your injury?”

Xie Jing Xing struggled to take a bottle of medicine from his clothes and before Shen Miao could ask, he fainted away.

Shen Miao made a decision in that short moment. There was still some hot water in the room that she used to was her hands at night. She poured the hot water out and found a clean handkerchief to wet it and after some hesitation, she slowly untied Xie Jing Xing clothes.

Under the light, the young man’s bother was well-proportioned and slender, seemingly containing strength. Shen Miao unfathomably felt her face was somewhat hot and she did her best to move quickly.

Xie Jing Xing’s clothes were mostly stained with large patches of blood. Some of the blood had already dried and stuck onto the flesh that with the cold wind blowing, it had seemed to be integrated with him. Every time Shen Miao touches it, Xie Jing Xing would slightly frown, as if he felt uncomfortable unconscious.