11-15

Chapter 11: Xie Family’s Ending

Shen Miao lowered her head and made a bashful look.

Xi Jing Xing died at the age of twenty two.

The late Emperor wanted to punish the Xie Family and the Imperial family of Ming Qi became more muddle-headed and incompetent as time passes. They did not think about how to develop the country’s strength but instead thought all the time about how to protect themselves. The vassal families were all threats. As per Fu Xiu Yi, Shen family objective was to live honestly and since the Xie family did not listen to the Imperial commands, naturally they were the thorn in the late Emperor’s eyes.

When the Xiong Nu attacked, the Xie family set off with troops with Xie Ding going into battle but in the battlefield, the presumptuous General Xie’s troops were annihilated to the last man. When Xie Jing Xing waited for his father return in the middle of the year, what he waited for was the return of a coffin.

Xie Ding’s death was not the end. During the funeral the people in the Ding capital send Xie Ding off and the entire country was in mourning. To the Imperial family, this was a big taboo.

Thus it did not took long for the appointment of the young Xie Jing Xing to lead the military campaign on behalf of his father.

It was not Xie Jing Xing’s first battle, like the Xie family, his talent on the battlefield was enough to make the enemy terrified. But despite obviously knowing the queer nature of Xie Ding’s death, this Imperial edict still pushed Xie Jing Xing to the road of death.

Xie Jing Xing still received the Imperial edict, went into the battlefield and was defeated. That day he was exposed to the enemy and became the target and thus ended up with thousands of arrows through his heart. Not only that, for unknown reasons the body was taken away and the Xiong Nu skin it and hang the body up in the tower to dry to serve a warning to others.

The tragic outcome was played again and Ming Qi went into a national mourning.

Father and son made the battlefield their funeral and the commoners could only see that the Xiong Nu were brutal and the heroic acts of the generals but they did not see that the undercurrent of this conspiracy.

At that time the late Emperor was already approach his coffin, thus Fu Xiu Yi took over the affairs of the court. In order to express regret in the bitter outcome of the Xie family, he conferred titles to the father and son of the Xie family. Since the titles were useless for the father and son of the Xie family, it appeased the court and the concubine and the two Shu son’s had all the advantages.

Shen Miao still remember Shen Xin’s look of pain when he came to know of Xie Jing Xing’s death. She initially thought that the Xie and Shen family were like water and fire and thus when the Xie family fall into despair, her father would not be sad about it. Now to think about it, it was most likely at that time when Shen Xin felt the feeling of the fox grieving when the rabbit dies.

Since the balance was broken with the collapsed of the Xie family, the next one would be the Shen family.

The ridiculous thing was at that time she single-mindedly pushed the Shen family into this muddy water of the fight of the throne.

Shen Miao did not have any feelings for the Xie family and in the beginning she only felt some regret towards the fate of this young man. Such an outstanding young man should be leaving a legacy in the country of Ming Qi and who would have expected such an ending. He knew that the Imperial edict was a seal of death but he still went.

Perhaps it was in order to preserve the dignity of the Xie family and to prove that to the very end that the Xie family loyalty to the country. But knowing that it cannot be avoided and yet he still proceeded showed that this unruly Xie Jing Xing was not ordinary.