Children of the Sun and Moon

Mulai dari awal

It was mid-spring and somewhere around 25 weeks pregnant which was just over 6 months, Merlyn's belly was quite large, larger than she should be despite her slim body and Hunith had grown concerned that the baby would be too big when it was born

It was mid-spring and somewhere around 25 weeks pregnant which was just over 6 months, Merlyn's belly was quite large, larger than she should be despite her slim body and Hunith had grown concerned that the baby would be too big when it was born. Merlyn was sitting by the small window shelling peas from the first harvest when a little voice spoke in Merlyn's mind.

' Hello, can you hear me?' The voice was small and sounded like a small child, Merlyn looked about the hut then stood to peer out the window and spoke out loud.

"Hello is someone there?" For a moment there was nothing then the voice spoke again,

' Hello I'm here, who are you?' Merlyn tried to concentrate on the voice but it was small and hard to hear, it sounded like a small boy.

"I'm Merlyn, who are you?" Merlyn keeps searching out the window for the small child, worried because if the child was speaking in her mind whoever they were had magic and could be in danger.

'I don't have a name yet, it's dark in here and my brother is sleeping.'  Merlyn furrowed her brow, no name? What is this child talking about? Brother?

"Are you okay? Can you tell me when you are and I may be able to help?" Merlyn felt a tug from her swollen belly and lifted her tunic to see a tiny hand pressed against her skin.

'I don't know, it's warm in here and we are safe and happy.' Merlyn's magic gave another tug and she suddenly realised the voice wasn't coming from outside but from within, she gasped in shock and then pressed gently against the small hand still press out against her belly.

"Can you feel that?" She asked the small voice.

'Yes! Is that you?' The little voice responded, tears of joy filled Merlyn's eyes.

"Yes, it's me!" Merlyn choked back a sob and carefully sat back in the rocking chair.

' Are you our mummy?' The little voice asked excited, Merlyn smiled and gently stroked her belly.

"Yes, I'm your mummy, hello my son." The small voice giggled excitedly.

' Hello mummy it's nice to hear your voice, hopefully brother and I will be able to meet you soon. Brother is sleeping right now but I don't think he can communicate like I can but I can tell you what he's thinking when he wakes.' Merlyn was shocked, she was carrying twins!

"It's nice to hear your voice too but how can you speak to me?"

'I don't know but I can hear your thoughts and brothers and snippets from others around you, I don't know why but it was like one day I just woke up and could hear bits and pieces of voices around me and this is the first time I've been able to get you to hear me.' Merlyn had no idea how it was possible mostly due to the fact she was the only witch she knew and had almost no knowledge of magic types beyond her own instinctual magic. She was lost in thought when the door swung open and Will and her mother bustled in, Will carrying wood and Hunith with another basket of peas.