Children of the Sun and Moon

Începe de la început

Over the next few weeks, Merlyn's belly and fatigue grew to the point that Will noticed and eventually Merlyn had to tell Will the truth, after a rather ugly screaming match and a nasty slap across the face from Merlyn, Will avoided her and ignore...

Over the next few weeks, Merlyn's belly and fatigue grew to the point that Will noticed and eventually Merlyn had to tell Will the truth, after a rather ugly screaming match and a nasty slap across the face from Merlyn, Will avoided her and ignored her when she tried to reconcile. Will's lack of support and the growing worry for the coming babe put Merlyn in a foul mood made worse by her mood swings and morning sickness. Slowly Winter began to give way to Spring and Merlyn's morning sickness had begun to subside, her belly had grown exponentially and the new life growing inside her left her ravenous and fatigued. She tried her best to help around the house but had to rest often due to her feet hurting when she stood for too long, the spring crops were growing well and after a month of animosity Will finally came to apologise.

"Hey, little bird..." Will spoke leaning against the door frame to the hut, Merlyn looked up unimpressed and waited for him to speak again. Taking a hesitant step inside Will made his way to the bench across from the rickety rocking chair Merlyn sat in, a threadbare shawl wrapped around her.

"I'm sorry about what I said, it was uncalled for and I was being a complete ass." He paused trying to judge Merlyn's reaction but her face was devoid of emotion. " You know I love you like a sister Birdy but I just can't get over the fact that you did that with someone you barely know and you seem strangely happy about it." Merlyn sat a little straighter and fixed Will with her ocean blue gaze,

"I don't regret it for a moment, Will, I loved him but I also understood why he couldn't stay, I'm glad that I'll at least have a small piece of him with me even if we never see each other again." Merlyn smiled down at her growing belly and gave it a motherly caress. Will sighed,

" Even if I don't fully understand I know that you need support and I'm sorry I've been such a shitty friend but I'm here now and I'll be here as long as you want me to." Merlyn reached across and gave Will's hand a gentle squeeze.

"Thank you, Will, I couldn't ask for a better friend and future uncle to help me." Will perked up at the mention of becoming an uncle and gave Merlyn a beaming smile gladly accepting the position.  

" Have you thought of some baby names?" Will asked, Merlyn smiled excitedly.

" Well yes, but I'd like a second opinion." Merlyn stood and grabbed a small piece of parchment with two coulombs of names written. " I was thinking if I have a boy with blonde hair I'd name him after his father or if the boy has my raven hair I was thinking something bird-related like Rowen or perhaps Robin." Will nodded along to Merlyn's enthusiasm.

"What about the girl's names?" Will asked.

"Oh, I was thinking perhaps a name like Freya or Aelin, I have this strange feeling that I'm going to have a boy though so I've had a little trouble coming up with girls names." Merlyn rambled, Will smiled and agreed to the names believing them to be good choices. They spoke for a while slowly healing the rift that had grown between them until the sun had set and Will had to return to his home. Speaking with Will had significantly lifted her spirits and when Hunith returned from the fields found her daughter looking better than she had been in a while.