CHAPTER 80: PAIN

The sun has set a long time ago, the rain has been gone for a while, the full moon has risen recently, and we continue walking.

In the streets there is nothing but darkness that is illuminated by the lights of the buildings, and silence that is filled by our steps.  It's hard to feel anything but the cold of the illuminated night and the humid ground, full of puddles, being the only sign that it ever rained around here.

We've already walked too long, but I don't realize that, until I feel something on my left thigh.

I feel my leg get really tense, so much so that it hurts, like a stab that won't go away.  A pain that would make me limp until we get there, but I don't want to show this to my friends. When we get to a hotel and when I lie down I'll be feeling better in no time,so I do my best not to limp.

The good thing about this is that I'm behind Haru and Legoshi, making a line with Legoshi in front, so they didn't notice my slip.

I'm pretty tired, I'm usually sleeping at this time of the night, besides that I haven't been able to sleep for a couple of days ago and today was a day of action. Part of me would just like to fall asleep on the floor. 

I look at the big white full moon to distract myself, a while ago it was red, as if it were warning us of something.  I'm glad it doesn't look like that anymore. I've never seen the moon be so big, I guess it's because I don't go out to the streets so late.  Staring at the moon for a while, makes it seem that it is getting bigger.. or blurred, it must be some optical illusion. 

I look down and rub my eyes with my hand before bumping into Haru's back, almost knocking her to the ground by accident.

Y/N: Oh, I'm sorry.

Haru: It's okay, I'm okay.

I turn to see my friends, that both Haru and Legoshi had stopped walking.

Legoshi: Were you saying Haru?

Haru: I was saying, we have enough money to be able to rest in this motel.

I look at the motel sign to see the prices, it seems to be true, although someone will have to share a bed with another one and the other will have to sleep alone. I say is that or that everyone sleeps in separate beds, but it would cost more.

Legoshi: But Haru.. this is a..

Haru: I know, but this is our cheapest option.

Suddenly we hear a noise behind us, we all turned to see that behind us in the alley there are a couple of animals um... showing their mutual love.  We all turn back somewhat embarrassed.  Knowing for sure the kind of motel this is.

I mean, maybe this is not the best place to stay. We are not yet of legal age to enter-!!

The twinge in my leg suddenly becomes stronger as if it forced me to stay here, this twinge was so painful that I almost fell if it weren't for holding onto the price signal. Haru and Legoshi turned to see me, so I begin to "analyze" the prices so as not to worry them.

Y/N: Hmm on second thought, we have enough to stay and we are already here, so uh..

I bite my lip thinking of what else to say... I hate having to say this.

Y/N: I'm seeing that if two of us share a bed, and one of us sleeps alone, we would save more money than if we all slept in separate rooms, but uh ... I don't know what you think.

Legoshi blushes a lot and hesitates, but Haru's voice is louder.

Haru: What a good idea!