CHAPTER 28: SOMETHING SMELLS FISHY

Legoshi: Fear not, or I'm coming..I'll bury you dear, this gift is my offer-..

Y/N: Hmm Meh, I don't know ... try saying it with more energy.

We're behind the stage, rehearsing the dialogues that Legoshi must say. Just a few minutes to go. We're both sitting on cardboard boxes, while I help Legoshi by giving him some advice besides helping him memorize his dialogues.

Legoshi: With more energy? How's that?

Y/N: You see ... how can I explain? In the theater, the performances are usually .. exaggerated.

Legoshi: Exaggerated?

He looks at me in confusion, I don't know how to explain. I'm not a drama teacher. I look around to see that the art department guys are working and don't pay much attention.

I sigh, knowing that I will regret what I'm going to do. I stand on the box I was sitting in and take the script Legoshi holds to interpret a dialogue.

Y/N: Fear Not! Or I'M coming! I'll Bury you Dear! THIS GIFT... is my Offer!

I pronounce those words with diction, while I wave my arms around like an idiot, as I do heroic poses and raise the tone of my voice as if nothing bothered me.

Y/N: As the soul you have .. OH! Dear Elen. Now, it belongs ... to the God of DeAtH!

I can't help but laugh at the embarrassment I'm causing to myself. I see the art club guys are looking at me. So I get off the box while Legoshi and I laugh a little.

While we laugh, we don't notice that Dom the peacock subtly approaches Kibi, an anteater.

Dom: Hey, is she alright?

Kibi just shrugs as they are both taken aback by my pointless behavior.

Legoshi: Haha, they must have chosen you to perform instead of me.

Y/N: Who? Me? No thanks! Besides, even if I wanted to, they wouldn't have chosen me because I'm short.

He snickers.

Legoshi: Well, you're lucky in that.

I really feel like I've been getting more confident with him lately. I give him a brief smile. A door opens through which Bill enters. Sanu, seeing this, approaches Bill.

Sanu: Nearly showtime! Sleep well?

Bill: Sure. Why not?

I get up of the box preparing for the performance.

Y/N: Welp, I think this'll work out, break a le-.... uh, good luck.

I laugh nervously since the last time nothing good happened with that expression. But I see that Legoshi didn't hear me. He's sniffing, then he turns to see Bill.

Bill: Huh? What is it?

Soon after, he turns to see me in confusion. I turn my head confused too. What is he doing?Legoshi gets up from the box and cautiously walks over to Bill.

I see Bill gets nervous. Legoshi gets to him and starts to smell him ... quite closely. Uh .. what are you doing Legoshi?

Bill: Woah, hey! You're making me nervous pal.

Legoshi: ..Bill.

Legoshi gives him a suspicious look, making him even more nervous.

Legoshi: You..

Bill: UUUH I've gotta hot the bathroom real quick!

And so, Bill ran away. What just happened?

Legoshi: Uh, excuse me for a second.

Legoshi runs off too, following Bill. What is he doing?

Don: Hurry! We go out in ten!

.....

A couple of minutes have passed and they still haven't come back. What's going on? I walk to the bathroom to wait outside and find out what just happened.

As I walk over there, I collide with Bill, who was getting out of the bathroom a bit fast.

Bill: HEY! Look where you're going!!

I'm surprised to hear Bill being aggressive again. He showed me his fangs but when he saw that it was me, he stops showing them and makes a mocking laugh.

Bill: Are you going to follow me to the bathroom too? Why's that? ...

Bill approaches me somewhat threateningly.

Y/N: I-I was going to tell you that we are about to start.

Bill stares at me with a menacing and somewhat altered look. Then he seems to calm down and chuckles.

Bill: You know, I get the hint of why you followed me to the bathroom, but I'm afraid it's too late for us to come up with anything. The show's about to begin.

I'm still outraged that Bill makes those kinds of comments.

Y/N: ..Where's Legoshi?

His gaze changes from calm to enraged again.

Bill: He was following me like a dog.

Wow, it seems that someone also has the bad habits of giving racist expressions.

Bill: Come on! We have to start!

Bill grabs me by the back and pushes me onto the stage. I try to get away from him but his strength is too much.

Sanu: Come on guys we're about to start!

Sanu and the others leave me no choice but to go to my position and prepare my violin, wondering what happened.

The curtain opens, the reflector lights up, and as I'm filled with confusion. The performance has started. So I play once again.