CHAPTER 38: OUT OF SCHOOL

The city looks smaller when it's full of people. Our small group finally hit the streets after school, as we were asked yesterday.

We're not so many, we're Legoshi, Bill, Tao, Aoba and me. I'm the only sophomore carnivore in the orchestra club so we aren't many. We all look around the city, we haven't been out for a long time, we practically lived it in school. I must admit the outside looks different at day than night.

I look at the people, who seem to be at peace, as if nothing bad had happened, of course I'm seeing them in a superficial way. Although they live in peace, no one knows what they really think.

I get a little nervous and hold my backpack in which now I only have some money and my violin, because although it was left unharmed during the fight with the badgers ... I can't say the same about my case, so when I have the chance, I'll go buy one.

I turn to see the guys who contemplate the city, Legoshi does too, when I see him, I feel a light breeze next to my hip, I look to see that this breeze is caused by Legoshi's tail who's swinging it.

Aoba: Yeah going out isn't fun at all huh?

Legoshi: Huh?

Aoba: Your tail is wagging.

Legoshi looks embarrassed at that.

Bill: Hey let's get moving!

The others follow Bill, while Legoshi stands still regretting for a few seconds that they've seen him wag his tail. Heh, he's cute.... Wait what?

...

After a while, we went to the meeting, I managed to buy my case quickly and we ended up eating in a restaurant.

I'd thought that we would keep talking about the meteor festival but it seems that they'll do the same as last year... Although I wasn't there to witness it so I don't have a very clear idea.

Y/N: Hey, and how exactly is it going to be?

Legoshi: It's the same details as last year.

Y/N: Yeah, I know, but how's it going to-?..

Aoba: We'll tell you later, for now we must take advantage of the fact that we left the school.

Y/N: Ok then..

Aoba and Tao turn to see Bill and go back to their chat.

Tao: Finish the story!

Bill: Yeah! So then the girl started to cry and said "YoU only fOcUs on pLeAsInG yourself when we're having SeX and that makes me feel EmPtY inside"!!

They start laughing as I growl silently. Do they have to talk about sex while we eat? It seems that they believe that if they're jerks who boast about their sexual relations it makes them look like adults or something.

I hate that topic ... I hate when people think like that ... My hands squeeze my pants as I think of all those times I've ran into people who have tried to touch me.. Some at the old job I had, on the street, Bill ... or my-.

Bill: So ... you two wolves, when are you planning to lose your virginity?

I try not to choke on the soda I was drinking, keeping the drink in my mouth without spitting it out. WHY DO THEY GET ME INTO THIS?! Legoshi also reflects discomfort at his comment.

Bill: Hey I can smell that virgin stench in you from miles away.

Dude why? Bill gives us a pity sigh.

Bill: Oh Legoshi, and I who had introduced you to Y/N, with the intention that both of you lose your virginity at once, and you haven't even tried.

Does he never get tired of talking like that? My fur goes up, but I try to keep calm and make it stop.

Y/N: Are you serious Bill?

Bill: Oh what's the matter? Have you actually tried?

Y/N: Wha-?! No!

Bill: Well, I mean I understand if Legoshi doesn't want to be with you when he can have other.. choices.

He puts his hand on Legoshi's shoulder, as if he expected him to play along.

Legoshi: What do you mean?

Tao: Yeah, I mean, do you know about that cute new gray wolf in drama club?

Oh no, now they're going to put her into this too?

Legoshi: ..You mean Juno?

Aoba: Heeey! Legoshi already knows her name!

Bill: OOO! Sounds promising~!!

I facepalm, Why do they think that just talking to a person of another gender already means that they have to fuck?!

The boys come to see me facepalm, so Bill laughs teasingly.

Bill: Easy girl, if Legoshi doesn't want to be with you, you know I'm here for you, you can bet I'm good in bed.

I feel tense and start to tap my foot to the ground slightly, and I cant avoid blushing at his dirty comments, his behavior disgusts me.

Y/N: I don't want to talk about that while I eat thanks.

Bill: Oh come on, we both know there are better things you could eat~.

I clench my fists and look at him bitterly.

Legoshi: Bill stop already.

Bill: Oh come on Legoshi, don't you want her to have the best night of her life?~ Maybe if you stopped being virgins you'd be more accepted by people at school. I'm just trying to help you guys.

OK I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

Y/N: SHUT UP BILL!!

I punch the table we're sitting on and show Bill my fangs to shut him up. They all shut up and stare at me surprised by my anger.

Suddenly I notice that not only they went silent ... but the others. I turn around to see the people in the restaurant, who are looking at me, everyone's quiet and shows fear in their eyes.

I begin to feel anxious, I put my tail between my legs and my breathing becomes shaky as my ears go down. Just what I wanted to avoid. I want them to stop, I want everyone to stop looking at me..

I look at the boys and bend fast to take my backpack that I left on the floor under the chair I was sitting on. I must get out of here, they won't want me here in the restaurant.

Y/N: I-I... I'll wait for you outside ..

I look at Legoshi who's witnessing more problems than I got myself into and leave the restaurant, feeling my heart beating at full speed.

Why do I punish myself this way?