CHAPTER 36: A HOSTILE WORLD

This world we live in.  It's full of risks for everyone. The difference between species has always been a problem.  There's people who aren't doing so badly, but there's other people who are unlucky to have been affected more by these dangers.  People like that girl they mention on the news today morning.

Reporter: A tragedy occurred at dawn this morning at avenue street Iguni city, and a group of carnivores are suspected of devouring a twenty two year old Thomson's gazelle named Linda.

Another herbivore eaten by carnivores.  Juno and I watch the news on the TV in the main room in our building.

Reporter: It is reported that the group of carnivores were canines, authorities suspect that the leader of said assassin group is identified as a gray wolf.

Juno: Oh no, it can't be.

Juno lowers his ears dejectedly.  The fact of the killer being a gray wolf like her, means more rejection by classmates.

Y/N: I'm sorry Juno, but.. I don't think this is going to be so bad.  I mean, this happened on the street so the smart ones won't bother you because they'll know you've been here at school.

Juno: That's still not ok.  I don't want to be bothered by ANYONE.

She grumbles as she watches the news, thinking about how she'll deal with the bullies now.

Thank God I was fired a few months ago, so I no longer had to run away from school to survive and risk myself going through something like that, or get caught by the teachers and ruin more my life.

Y/N: Well, at least you have more friends, don't you Juno?  Some who have supported you even though they know we're friends ... right?

Juno: Yes, I know, I would just like to find some way to end the bullying for our species, for everyone.

Y/N: Yeah, finding equality between species so that this world isn't so... bad.

Juno: Yeah!  To find peace!

Y/N: Bring justice to this world!

Juno: Being a..

She goes silent for a few seconds, it seems that she had an epiphany.

Juno: ...Be a Beastar!

Y/N: A beastar?

Juno: Yes!  If I can excel at this school, then I can be a Beastar!  I'll be able to help maintain peace between species!

She smiles and shows emotion towards such an idea.  But I don't know how she'll accomplish such a thing, if she doesn't have the best reputation to stand out now and ... Louis, the most popular and adored boy at this school is competing to be a Beastar too.

Y/N: That sounds great Juno, but ... How'll you achieve that?

Juno: Well, I'll make friends, I'll participate more in all events and I'll do my best to influence people!

It's easier said than done, however, I rather not to bust her bubble at seeing her so determined and sure of herself. I wish I had her self-confidence.

Y/N: Well, we should be heading to class.

Juno: Go ahead, I must think about this. I must be the next Beastar.

I smile at her determination and head towards my classroom, saying goodbye to Juno on the way.

Y/N: Good luck Beastar.

I walk to the classroom thinking about what Legoshi told me yesterday.  It's true that everyone tends to focus on the differences of others, causing a hostile world, even though there are still people who try to prolong peace like the beastars.

He told me he knew what it was like to be the center of attention at some rumors for being a wolf.  And now, just like Juno, the fact that there's a gray wolf murderer outside, will cause some problems for them.

Now is when I should give support to my friends, just as they have given it to me, especially Legoshi, since he's not as determined as Juno as far as I know.

I wonder how he's going.