CHAPTER 86: GO BACK (PART 5)

Sunset comes, I'm in front of the same park that I saw a while ago, the place seems quiet, full of trees, plants and paths to walk along with a kiosk, just as I remember it. 

I see couples and families walking around, holding hands and enjoying the sunset, feeling the warm breeze in the air.

I walk through the park, watching the crowd and looking for my younger version, I was about to think it'd take longer to find her until I hear the melody of the violin strings resounding in the breeze, which is why I follow them. 

Leading me to a pair of standing otters, their backs to me as they listen to the source of that sound.  Once I get closer, I am finally able to observe the young me, already around my age, playing with more experience than last time I saw her.

I remember this day...

After listening to me play for a few seconds, the otters toss a couple of yen into my violin case and walk away.  A few seconds later I finish playing and look at my case, bending down and counting the coins.

Y/N: 110,120, one, two .. 123 yen, not bad.

She looks up and sees the cloudy sky nearing dusk. She puts her violin in the case and closes it with the money still inside there and then leaves, walking towards me. 

Before I know it she's passed through me, giving me a strange chill, I find myself back in the apartment room.

I put my hand on my forehead shocked and confused, I feel I've been here so long observing, that I almost forget that I'm seeing my past, not living it.

I see my father on the couch watching TV while smoking a cigarette, I hear the other me leaving my room.

Dad: Where were you?..

She flinches and turns to see our father who hasn't moved from the couch. She tries to make an excuse for him not to find out that she's been sneaking out to the park to earn money.

Y/N: In my room.. I was doing my homework.

My father is silent for a few seconds without moving, until he turns to see me behind the couch.

His gaze becomes more disturbing the moment he smiles at me.

Dad: Come sit down baby.

I feel a deep weight in my stomach, some nerves abound in me although my expression doesn't change.  At this point I'm no longer seeing myself in third person... I'm living it again, without being able to change any action, word, or feeling.

I walk over and sit next to him so as not to cause any problems. My calm smiling father keeps watching TV, so I do the same.  A show of police crimes and mysteries. It doesn't take many seconds until he speaks again.

Dad: A while ago I went to look for you in your room and I did't see you there..

My ears reflexively perk up as I feel my heart skip a beat. I try to think of an excuse.

Y/N: Uh .. I was just-..

Dad: Tell me the truth my baby...

My father interrupts me before I can think of anything, making me look directly into his blue eyes, those watery eyes from so much alcohol he has drunk.

Dad: Have you been sneaking around to see some boys?..

Y/N: What-?  No daddy, of course not-..

My father sighs mockingly without letting me speak again, and looks at me with a patient smile.

Dad: Listen to me little princess, I don't want you to ruin your whole future for a man, ok?..