CHAPTER 74: ALMOST THERE

This battle seems to have no end.  As we run up the stairs, skipping steps, running from lions and having to face others to save Haru, I've thought about how lucky we have been to stay alive.

Almost reaching the top of the stairs, we see a lion leans out to see us, but before he could do anything, Legoshi manages to reach him, and quickly holds him tightly and impulses enough to throw him down the stairs.

I'd celebrate I wouldn't have to face that lion, but since I was also climbing the stairs I see how that lion almost bumped with me. 

Y/N: Woah!

Luckily I managed to avoid him by ducking and jumping towards the top of the stairs falling on the ground.

Legoshi: Oh I-sorry.

Legoshi turns to see me to make sure I'm okay, but I see a lion that's slowly approaching him when he's careless.

Y/N: Legoshi behind you!

He turns to see the lion, who is ready to attack.  Legoshi walks slowly towards him, waiting for him to strike the first blow.

The lion runs towards him swiftly, and before Legoshi could even raise his fists, the mobster lion is pushed hardly by the panda who came to attack him by surprise when he was distracted with Legoshi.

That attack even surprised me, everything has been moving so fast that until now I realize that I'm still on the ground, so before any other lion arrives I start to get up.

Legoshi seeing this runs towards me and takes my arm to get up quickly and keeps running to climb more stairs.

Legoshi: Let's go!

The adrenaline I'm having didn't even make me feel pain in the wound on my arm when he pulled me up.

I run along with Legoshi, about to climb more stairs until I hear a screech from the ground. 

When I turn to see what that sound was, I look at a lion who grabbed a wooden chair and slowly walks towards the panda from behind while he holds one of the gangsters.

My gaze is suddenly fixed on that lion and again my instincts make me pull out my claws and run towards him. 

The mobster lifts his chair with force, with the panda neglectful of his action, ready to hit him. I jump behind him and hold the chair tightly so the lion couldn't hit him.

Lion: What the-..?

Since his hands are still holding the chair, I take advantage of the fact that he can't attack me, so I kick him in the back. 

The mobster lion grunts of pain and falls to the ground, finally letting go of the chair after holding it so tightly. 

Finally I end up holding the chair, with some pain in my fingers after holding it so tightly, but I don't have much time to progress it as another lion arrives and punches the panda in the nose, causing him to grunt in pain too and release the lion he was holding.

Legoshi: GOHIN!

Lion: One more!

Suddenly the lion that the panda held, taking advantage that he was free from his hands, gives the panda another blow on the nose, leaving him leaning against a wall grunting of pain. 

Again everything happening so fast that I didn't even noticed that Legoshi was still here when I thought he would've already gone for Haru.

I see the two lions walking towards the panda, laughing.