CHAPTER 5: HER VOICE

(There's a Song you'll need to hear later on the cover page)

After the excitement of signing up for music classes.  I returned to reality to ask about my room and my key.

I see the keychain on which the key is, it's a small metal board with the number of my room engraved.  624. I enter the building indicated to me, so that I'm no longer confused and end up making some other mistake.

I start climbing upstairs, I must go up 6 floors, this should be all the sports classes we do here, these buildings don't seem to have an elevator, I hope that doesn't turn into a problem later.

Finally upstairs, I look for my room, I see which direction to go according to the numbers of the doors, to finally get to room 624. I use my key and open the door.

I see an empty room with two beds.  Oh, right, that bed must be from my roommate....... OH, IT'S TRUE, who's it going to be?

I try to use my logic to see who could be my new roommate.  Let's see, the buildings are separated in terms of gender, therefore, my roommate would be a girl, just as it's likely to be a carnivore like me.

I don't see any belongings in that bed or that side of the room, so I guess she'll come later, meanwhile, I should start unpacking.

So that's what I do, I unpack, I take out my folded clothes and put them in a drawer, I take out my notebooks, some books, a butterfly plush that I've had since I was a kid and some other stuff, and finally, I take out my case where I have my instrument which I'll play the music.

I look at my case longingly as I caress it with my hand.  I turn to look at the door, I don't think anyone is going to come in any time soon, I don't hear any footsteps.  I walk towards the window that lights up the room and I look down, I'm lucky to not be that kind of people who feel vertigo, otherwise I would've been disturbed.  Now that I made sure no one's around, I head over to my new bed, and grab the case to open it and take my instrument out of there. 

The violin.

Playing the violin, causes me great calm and peace within me. After such a day of stress and reflection, it wouldn't hurt me to play it, besides, if now I'm in that music club, it wouldn't be bad to practice.  I get up of the bed, I look at the view from the window as I walk there.  I close my eyes, take a deep breath as I put my fingers in the proper position, and start playing.

(Song Y/N plays, on the cover page, play it now)

I barely play the first note and I'm already feeling relaxed and with a feeling of peace.

I keep my eyes closed, letting sunlight shine through the window and dazzle my eyelids, making them feel warm, as I keep playing, making sure every note is perfect.

Moving my fingers carefully and yet so naturally, I concentrate solely on the music.  Forgetting where I am, or what could happen, I only focus on here, and now.

I allow myself to think about the past.  I come back to my favorite memory.  I remember seeing her play the violin, when i was just a little kid. This makes me feel as if I could hear her play the violin next to me, now listening to two violins in unison instead of just mine, I know I'm alone but I allow myself to get lost in the music. Still keeping my eyes closed.

I remember what follows after that, how I ended up arriving at this place, and what I wanted to prove to them. I stop feeling the sunlight warming my eyelids, being able to just see darkness.

I open my eyes to find myself playing on an empty stage, and me being under the spotlight. I listen more music playing besides mine, which accompany my melody. Even though I'm alone. I look to see certain flashes of light appear at thin air and show memories, each memory dazzles me but the memory that overwhelms me the most is the one in which shes sings to me.

My hands move by themselves as I play the violin with great speed, I no longer concentrate on my breathing or trying to make every chord perfect, not even trying to remember what chord comes next. I focus on listen to her singing, which causes an orchestra in my mind.  Feeling a wave of emotions.  Remembering my life and reflecting on my future. But still living on the present.
At this point, I can't even perceive whether or not someone enters the room.  The truth is, that by now I don't even care if someone is listening to me or is watching, for now I don't.  I'm lost in my mind. I keep playing the violin and feel the music echoing within me.  Getting emotional support thanks to the music, motivating me to keep going.

I watch the empty stage, with the reflectors lights dazzling me, giving me a unique lighting towards the empty seats.  As the flashing memories begin to crumble in midair. Little by little, I observe the reflectors changing color as soon as I change the chord, depending on my emotions, at one point they seem blue, then they look yellow, later they're red ... However these lights do not blind me.

Slowly, the stage lights begin to go out one after the other.  Like me, I begin to slow down the music, slowly returning to reality, feeling how the music is coming to an end. I feel the sunlight again warming my eyelids, like the rest of the music, as much as her singing, it's heard more and more distant each time.  Finishing playing the last notes.  Pleased to have touched and ready to stop.  I finish, with the last chord, letting it slowly fade away.  Until there is complete silence.

I open my eyes.