CHAPTER 55: DON'T MESS WITH ME

I feel the sun on my face as I walk, following Louis who leads me to the drama room.  He doesn't say a word to me.  So this little distance we travel feels like an eternity. 

I'm only able to hear our footsteps and the leaves of the surrounding trees moving by the cool breeze.

We arrive at the entrance, I'm ready to get in but Louis walks next to the door and leans against the wall with his arms crossed and a serious look.

I suppose he's going to talk to me here? Well, I think not being locked in a place with him alone, calms me a little. Still I feel a little nervous, I hope nothing.. unexpected happens..

I stand in front of him holding my forearm behind my back. I look at his eyes focused on mine.  I just want to get this over with.

Y/N: So, what do you need me for?

Louis: Tell me Y/N, what's wrong?

Y/N: W-What?

He keeps looking me in the eye, with a relaxed and serious expression.  I hope he's talking about something else that doesn't include what I think..

Louis: Today in rehearsal. I saw you.

Oh no, does he know?  Don't say anything yet Y/N.. Pretend you don't know what he's talking about?

Y/N: Y-Yeah, well we were in the same room, right?

I titter as my ear twitches. Louis keeps looking at me serious.  It doesn't seem he found that funny... I feel my sweat dripping down my face.

Louis: You know what I mean..

Y/N: R-Really?

Oh no... I'm dead.

Louis: Don't lie to me Y/N.  In today's rehearsal, I saw you quite nervous.  You even missed your chords when playing the violin.  Which is strange coming from you.

Y/N: Oh..that.. yeah..

Louis: Tell me, is everything alright?  I wouldn't like any inconvenience to affect you at the festival.

I'm relieved with this.  He still intimidates me, but at least I know I'm not in danger.

Y/N: Yeah, well, sorry.  I've been thinking about a few things lately.  But it won't happen again I promise.

Louis stops leaning against the wall, getting up and walking around me.

Louis: And what kind of things have you been thinking?

Y/N: It's just ... personal issues, nothing important.

He keeps walking, looking at me calmed and giving me a faint smile.

Louis: Yeah I understand that. You're finishing the school year and at the point of making a festival that has to be perfect.

Y/N: Yeah that's right.

Louis: Normally at these times people have conflicts because they worry about doing well in all subjects, or to think about how things'll be once they return to their relatives after living so long in school.

Honestly, although those aren't the main reasons why I'm nervous, I admit he's right about those things, they've also been somewhat stressful.

Louis: Is it something like that?

Y/N: Y-yes kind of.

I look to the sides as I cross my arms.  I'm free of a problem, now I just need to go.