Part 5

I woke up screaming in a little bundle at the end of my bed with the duvet wrapped around me hard. I was sweating like a crazy woman and panting hard. I quickly glanced around my room to make sure my dad really wasn't in here with a kitchen knife about to kill me. I was relieved to see no one else in the room, but could still feel those familiar tears making their way up to my eyes. I hated my life! It was 5:30 AM… School started at 8 which meant I had to leave around 7:30… I still had 2 hours. Who knows?  Maybe going to school would make a good difference in my life…?

I decided to write in the diary my mum had given me for my birthday. That dream was just too intense I knew I would never manage to fall back asleep. I wrote a little while until I started wondering where my dad was. Didn’t he hear me scream? I'm guessing he's out, completely drunk. I quickly decided to check if he had locked my door. It wasn't locked. Wow he must´ve forgotten.

I went downstairs to grab myself some bread and a few biscuits and then ran straight back up and closed the door. My dad could come any moment and he can't be seeing me with food! I ate everything in very little time and then decided to take a shower and get dressed. Looking at myself in the mirror made me realize that those few months in the hospital really helped. My body was almost bruise-less and I actually realized how beautiful I really was. My skin was a smooth olive tone, the same as my mothers. The one thing that I really hated though, were my eyes. They were a pretty dark brown shade and a nice shape but what made me hate them was the fact that my dad had the same and whenever I looked at them in the mirror, I would see him.

Once I was ready I decided to leave the house even though I still had an hour before school started. I didn't want to run into my dad before school so I got my stuff packed quickly and ran outside bumping straight into someone holding a dog by a leash. I looked up to see a tall dark haired guy staring into my eyes. He was… beautiful.

I suddenly snapped out of my trance and remembered I had to get away from the house before my dad came back home.

“I... uh… sorry.” I mumbled before quickly running down the road toward the school.

After 20 minutes of walking, I finally arrived at the public school of our small town. It was quite big and very empty. I walked toward the doors but they were locked. 'Oh well, I thought to myself. I guess I'll just sit on the grass and relax´. I fell into a light sleep and got woken up by the sound of people talking and cars parking. I slowly lifted my head to see a crowd of people laughing and talking to each other. I also noticed a few people looking at me strangely. I reached for my bag and took out my old watch to see the time. 10 minutes before 8. Looking back up I saw everyone walking towards the door and decided to follow.

“Hi! Are you new?” Asked a girl standing before me. She had turned around to look at me, smiling softly.

“Uh yeah,” I lamely responded.

 “Cool, I'm Cameron by the way. You can call me Cam. What's your name?”

“Maya.” I said giving her an awkward smile. Man this was stressful! 

“Well, welcome here! Would you like me to show you around?”

“Uh sure, yeah thanks” I said this time truly smiling this time. The girl was real nice!

She brought me over to the school reception where the lady there gave me a sheet with all my classes. She then walked me over to my first class, Geometry, and told me she'd meet me just in front afterwards. I was so thankful to have her because without her I would've been completely lost.

I walked into the classroom and noticed all the free space there still was. I guessed I was still a bit early so I chose a seat towards the back and just waited.  There were a few girls in a corner whispering to each other and one other boy sitting by himself at the front.  The girls turned around to look me up and down a few seconds before turning back around and laughing. Crap, I'm guessing the first day won't be that great after all.

Slowly, more and more people started to come in, each one of them looking at me once, probably wondering who I was, and then choosing some place to sit. Most of the girls chose seats far away from me but two boys decided to sit by me.

“Well hello there missy. What's your name?” Said one of them. He was quite cute with middle-length blonde hair that half covered his blue eyes.

“Uh, I'm Maya” I said shyly.

“I'm Jason and this is my friend Drake.”

“Hey!” Said the other one. He was also quite good looking, but completely the opposite of Jason. His hair was black and short with green-brown eyes.

At that point one of the blonde girls in the corner turned around and eyed the three of us. She then got up and started walking towards us.

“Uh, Drake? Jason? What do you guys think you're doing? Do you even realize who you're talking to? Look at her, she probably hasn't changed clothes in like one whole month!” She said, hands on her hips as if she was the center of the world. I quickly glanced down at my old pair of jeans and slightly brown, supposed-to-be-white, t-shirt. I could feel my face heat up as I looked back up at the three.

“Well who cares about the clothes!” Said Drake. “She's HOT!”

That made Rachel mad. She walked over to drake and sat on top of him so that her over-exposed boobs were just under Drake's chin.

“What about me? Am I not hot?” She asked. And without even waiting for an answer she started making out with him. I was completely shocked. How much more bitchy could a girl get?

Suddenly the teacher interrupted their little make-out session by shouting at them to get back to their seats. I had hardly realized the teacher had already come into the classroom and was surprised to see she was so young! Maybe 25 or so?

Jason stayed by me, but Drake decided to move over by a very satisfied Rachel.

“Drake can get a little carried around sometimes. Haha, but he was right, you are seriously hot! What do you say we go eat lunch together during the break time?” He asked.

I had no idea what to say. “Well, I… Ok then!” I answered, still unsure.

“Awesome! Meet me in front of the cafeteria doors at noon, alright?”

“Sure” I said completely intimidated by all the death glares I was getting from Rachel's friends.

The teacher then came over to me and looked at me sternly.

“You're the new girl I assume?”

“Uh… Yeah?”

“Well then, I suggest you stop talking and pay attention to what's going on.” She said.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

The rest of the hour went by quite slowly. I hardly understood a thing…

When the bell finally rang I packed up my stuff and dashed out of the classroom running smack back into the same guy from this morning.

I looked back up into his eyes, noticing how unusual they looked: A dark green shade with a touch of turquoise. They were definitely unique.

He was staring at me with, what was it… Pity, in his eyes?

I suddenly felt an arm around my waist and turned around to see Jason.

“Remember, 12 o'clock in front of the cafeteria doors.” He whispered in my ear, his lips brushing against my skin causing shivers to run down my body.

He then left and I was alone with this unbelievably hot guy just standing in front of me, eyes bared into mine.

“Sorry for uh… bumping into you again.” I said quickly breaking my gaze with his to look straight down at my feet.

“Don't worry about it” He said in a deep, mysterious voice.

Love yaaa <3