Chapter 25 - Flame

Kash fumbled with his keys, slowly opening the front door because he expected something to happen. He walked in very slowly and saw that Cammie was lying down on the couch with the phone on the floor. He looked at the time, straining to see but it was around 7 in the morning. He held his head because the intensity of his headache just kicked in. His arms and hands felt like they were on fire and he closed the front door back gently. 

As he did, he didn’t notice Camron taking his time, walking down the stairs, “Daddy. Daddy,” Camron smiled as he saw his father, knowing that he went to bed last night without seeing him. Camron hugs Kash’s legs and Kash couldn’t even bring himself to touch his son. He was unclean-

Cammie couldn’t wake up at all right now because she was in a very lucid nightmare. She stood over Kash’s casket and looked him in the face, raising the black veil from her face revealing her tear stained cheeks, “I’m so sorry Kash. Just please come back,” 

Somehow he was speaking to her saying, “You never cried all the times you told me to go. Why do you care now?”

“Because I love you!” she shouted at his dead body and everyone at the funeral looked at her crazy.

Suddenly Blaze took her shoulders and led her away, “Cammie I’m going to need you to wake up,” he told her.

“No!” she shouted at him.

“Mommy. Mommy,” she heard in her dream and at that time Kash was heading up the stairs. 

Cammie’s eyes shot open and she stared into the eyes of her son and heard Kash’s footsteps, “Daddy’s home,”

Cammie kissed her son on the cheek and got up just in time to see Kash walk into the room and shut the door, “Oh thank God,” she put her hand over her chest.

God? When did she ever believe and thank him? So much was going on that suddenly she believed and it bothered her.

Cammie headed up the stairs and opened the room door, watching Kash go in to the bathroom, “I was so worried. I thought something happened to you-“ she started to say as she followed him to the bathroom door but he closed the door in her face. 

Cammie’s insides dropped and she stood by the door not knowing what to do. Kash started to run the water in the bath tub and undress. Cammie knocked on the door, “Kash what happened?” she sked him.

Cammie cracked the door and saw that Camron came in after her, “Camron go back to your room. Lie on Rubin’s bed if you want to,” she told him and waited for him to leave.

Cammie looked at Kash who was already in the bath tub and went inside of the bathroom, closing the door behind her and locking it.

She cautiously walked over to Kash who was staring blankly at the wall before the tub. Cammie sat down on the edge of the tub, looking at Kash’s drained face. 

She looks at his tattoos and tries to touch his arms but he leaned away. They were fading and he talked about getting them redone but hasn’t done so yet.