Chapter 29 - Notes

|Normal POV|

Carol Anne had to remember that she was dealing with highly trained officers as well as the chief himself. Her palms began to sweat, actually her entire body felt like it was burning and her ashes were falling into the soles of her shoes but she had to hold herself upright.

"Chief Lyle may I speak with you outside for a moment?" Carol Anne lowered the crates onto the floor.

Chief Lyle's white skin reddened with anger as he looked onto her.

"Speak to me outside? To our member who has been committing treason? We bent backwards to accept you for your undeniable skills but we should have known that you would have done this in the end," Chief Lyle said. 

"Sir please just step outside with me," Carol Anne demanded, taking a chance to raise her voice at the Chief. He followed her out and made way for London and Becky to get here. Jason closed the door in and looked at everyone else.

"Who called the cops?" Becky asked.

"I sure didn't do it. We didn't tell Chief Lyle that we were going to meet with him," Kash shrugged.

Cammie looked over at Slim and he sighed, "Well I'm guessing its my fault right?" he asked.

"I didn't say that you but if you feel liable for it then go ahead," she crossed her arms.

"There you go! Before you understand what is going on you point a favor! And you used to hate when people id that to you," 

"There you go defending yourself for something that no one accused you of! We are all looking at each other so why are you feeling guilty if I just so happened to be looking in your direction!' Cammie shouted at him and Slim didn't respond.

"Exactly," she rolled her eyes. 

"Y'all calm down," Travis said as they finally looked at him. He was sitting off to the side on one of the benches with his elbows resting on his knees, "-Carol Anne could lose her job and you guys want to argue about who is looking at who."

"Didn't Carol Anne tell Don to meet us all here?" Jason asked.

"She did-" Travis said. 

"Carol Anne you betrayed our task force. I hope you understand that we can no longer keep you on the team,”

Carol Anne held her head up and blinked hard. That couldn’t be the end of the career she chased after and paid for so long. What about her sons? How was she going to raise them? The last thing she wanted was to have to be dependent on Travis.

“Yes the father of my sons is involved and yes I am friends with them but I have not been giving them information,” Carol Anne said.

“That’s questionable because there were so many operations that failed because they didn’t show up to pick up shipments. Shipments that you knew were rigged. That means that you could have easily protected them so that we couldn’t get to them,”