Chapter 21 - Eyes Off

|Normal POV|

"I left the three notes in my room on the dresser and they are not there," Carol Anne said as she walked up the stairs before Cammie. She was angry and wished that the elevator was operating. There was a weird black out last night at Slim and Don's condominium.

"You probably just misplaced it, that's all," Cammie shrugged and suggested. Carol Anne turned around quickly, making Cammie shrink back.

"I never lose anything," Carol Anne told her, "-someone took that from me."

She turned back around and resumed walking up the stairs. Cammie's eyes dropped to her dark denim pants, her hips that moved gracefully as she walked. She was wearing a fitted grey shirt with her hair wild and all about because it was early in the morning.

"Eyes off," Carol Anne said as she went to the next landing, "-unless you're looking for trouble." She smiled at her and Cammie smiled back and continued. What they did is unforgettable so they might as well try to make each other feel normal about it when it's brought up or a strange feeling occurs.

They got to Slim's floor and Carol Anne continued complaining, "I have a strange feeling that sneaky bitch_ Becky took it from me. She is the only one who left the room,"

"What would be her reason?" Cammie questioned.

"She killed her grandmother. I don't trust her as far as I could throw her," Carol Anne knocked on Slim's door.

"Slim open up!" Carol Anne yelled, stopping briefly as the person in the next condo walked out.

"Maybe he is not home," Carol Anne said.

"He sleeps half way through the morning before he does anything else. He's home," Cammie took one of her bobby pins out and her updo slouched. Cammie started to pick he lock and when the door opened, both her and Carol Anne walked inside.

"Dive on him," Cammie said as they headed to his room, opening the door and they both immediately jumped on the bundle of sheets.

"He's not here," Cammie said and looked around the room, finally noticing that the closet door was open. When she went into the hallway, all of the doors in his place were left ajar.

They both looked at each other and started searching around, "This doesn't look good," Carol Anne said.

"No duh-" Cammie moved things around.

"Don't touch anything," Carol Anne pulled her to the front door and told her to stand there. Carol Anne scanned the living space.

"It wasn't a robbery because whoever it was was looking for him, that's why the doors are opened and curtains are pulled." Carol Anne came to a conclusion, "He went willingly it seems,"

"But with who?" Cammie asked as she followed Carol Anne in and closed the door.

"He has to know them," Carol Anne went back to his room and sat down on the bed, "What do we do?"

"Tell the rest," Cammie suggested as she sat on the bed and heard a crunching noise, "-I told him to stop eating on the bed." She got up and pulled the sheet. She saw a bunch of papers and picked them up.

"What is it?" Carol Anne asked.

When Cammie realized what they were, she tried to hide it, "Nothing just things he's been writing down,' she twisted her mouth to the side and fought to understand why he would have the notes that Carol Anne was missing.

"Slim is more secretive than we thought," Carol Anne was over Cammie's shoulders and snatched the paper, "-next time don't lie to me."

Carol Anne put the notes in her pockets, "Come on, let's go," Carol Anne headed out.