Chapter 16 - Wild Card

|Normal POV|

Becky and Donatello pulled up to The Venetian, one of the best hotels in Las Vegas. Becky adjusted her shades and a smile formed on her bright red coated lips, "The last time I came to this place I was hooking up with some retired business man," she remembered, "-back when I was a lost and loose girl."

"What exactly do you mean by business man? People say that all of the time," Donatello gave the driver a larger tip, more than he charged and he took off.

"Not the kind of business man you are," she told him as they walked into the hotel, blending in with everyone else who smelled like money and tobacco.

"How did you know that you'd find him here?" Becky asked as they headed over to the receptionist desk.

"Vince loves the night life, especially in Las Vegas. And because he has money he would choose the best hotel," Donatello said.

Slim called Donatello and they stopped short, "Hey, you out back?" Donatello asked.

"Yeah," Slim responded.

"Great,"

They were here because Cammie's brain came up with a brilliant plan and Donatello knew all of the facts. At the last meeting, Cammie realized that since Victor grew up so close to his parents- there are only two things he cares about: parents and his girlfriend. Still remembering how she actually met Kash, Cammie decided that they shouldn't pay Victor's girlfriend a visit and chose the next best thing.

"Hello sir, my wife and I have a meeting with Vince Wellington-the stock broker. He told us to go to his room but actually never gave us a number," Donatello said as he put his arm around Becky and she faked a smile.

"I cannot disclose that kind of information but you are more than welcomed to call him and wait in the lobby," the receptionist told them.

"Thank you," Donatello walked away, dragging Becky.

"That's it? You don't want to use a little force?" Becky asked.

"If I do then it will draw more attention to us-now we wait," they plopped down on the couch. Nearly half an hour passed and time started to pass until they were there for at least an hour.

Slim called again, "What's going on? We've been waiting out here forever,"

"Patience my friend-" Donatello said as he spotted Vince walked in with his wife Miranda, "-it really pays off," he hung the phone up.

"Mr. Wellington-it's me Don,' Donatello said as he approached the couple. Victor's father hadn't changed other than the more expensive clothes as his wealth increased the gray hair, the same for Miranda who aged gracefully. All of a sudden Donatello felt a wave of jealousy and then brushed it off.

"Donatello, I haven't seen you in so long. How have you been?" He gave him a hug and laughed, Vince always seems to be laughing.

"I've been well. I just came by to see how you were doing,"

Vince invited them upstairs to their suite and on the way up, Miranda wanted to know who Becky was, "My girlfriend-for 2 years,"

Miranda raised an eyebrow, "You never struck me as the settling down type. She must be special," Miranda complimented and judged at the same time.

"She is," Donatello held Becky's hand giving it a squeeze and the holding it loosely to make it seem like they were committed to each other.

When they got to the suite, Miranda offered them both drinks and they refused, "I've seen what happened to Victor and-" Don tried to explain and he knew that Vince would not want to hear about the mistakes he son has made.