Chapter 11 - Heir to the Throne

The four boys who started the fire were caught in a matter of days. Ages 14, 15 and two 17 year olds. They had the nerve to cry as they were handcuffed and I almost wanted to cry for them because they threw their lives away to commit crimes for someone who didn’t care about them at all.

When I got to work on Tuesday morning, Price wanted to know if I saw that they caught the boys who did it and I told him that I am well aware. He knows about the club and even though I have some memories there, I couldn’t even begin to cry because it was such a dark area of my past. Blaze and Bonnie dying in the back alley, Kash and me announcing that I was pregnant, Kash and me making love in the shower stall-awkward. I didn’t realize how much that place meant to everyone until it was in ashes and all the money was down the drain.

It was closing time and I shut down the computer after adding the last appointments and cleaned off all of the door handles. I went into Price’s office, ‘Good night,” I told him.

“Wait. Do you want to grab something to eat?” he asked me.

My head was in a whirl and I wanted to take my mind off of things but my phone started ringing and an unfamiliar number came up, “Give me a second,” I told him.

“Hello?” I answered unsure.

“I’m in California. Wanna go and do something?” I heard Donatello’s voice and sighed.

“I need you to explain to me all that is going on with you and I don’t want any nonsense,” I said to him.

“You got it, Cammie. Just meet me at the TopMire Hotel. Room 241,” he told me and I rolled my eyes.

“Okay,” I said and hung up. I looked at Price who raised his eyebrows, “Something literally just came up. Can we schedule this for another time?”

“Sure,” Price told me as he walked over and leaned down and kissed me on the lips. I backed away for a moment.

“Uhm-Price. I think that we should slow down-“ I said to him.

“Slow down?” he asked me, “But why?”

“I just think that now is not the right time,” I managed to say as he kissed me again.

“Why do you always do that? Every time we take a little step closer you don’t want to go through with it,” he told me and I know that I do that but a part of me is afraid to be in a relationship with him.

I huffed, “You’re right-“

“I know I’m right. Just go out to eat with me,” he tried to persuade me.

“I really can’t this time,” I said to him.

‘Alright, another time,” he told me as he gave ma squeeze and a kiss on the lips and I felt so guilty.

I called Slim before I got home and told him where I was going and I told him that I was going to call Ivan to come with me so I won’t be facing Donatello alone. However, I did start heading to the hotel so that I could squeeze whatever answers that I could out of him.

When I arrived at the hotel, I went upstairs to the second floor and went to his room. I went to knock on the door and I heard a girl giggle and something hit the door really hard and I jumped back. I heard Donatello’s voice and then the door opened. A girl with long brown hair was standing there with her clothes disheveled and she kissed him long and hard before she noticed me and then she started leaving, “I’ll call you later-“ she told him.

“Great,” Donatello smiled and his eyes landed on me and I looked at his navy blue and white pin striped boxer shorts and grey socks.

“Come on, you’re next,” he pulled me inside by one hand and slammed the room door. In seconds his hands were all over me and trying to pull my clothes off. His lips going from my lips to my face to my neck and back to my lips.