Chapter 24 - Status Quo

|Normal|

Kash was beginning to feel a little bit tipsy and knew that this may be the cut off because he needed to drive home. If not, h had told the bartender to call a cab for him. 

Kash saw Price talking to a woman at the bar but she was getting ready to leave. He watched her walk out, forcing a smile even though he felt a little lonely. Price saw Kash and his face burned with embarrassment and resentment. He wish he never picked up with Cammie even after he knew what Kash was about. Price tried to leave the far but Kash got up and grabbed his shoulder.

“You can’t really be that afraid of me,” Kash told him.

Price sighed and turned around, “I don’t want any problems. I’m just heading out,” 

“Stop acting like that, man. If I wanted you dead I would have put a hit out on you already,” Kash told him and persuaded Price to sit at the bar with him.

Price sat there for a while and then said, “Listen. It wasn’t my intention to mess with Cammie. I just thought you guys were over and done with. That’s why I persisted but I-“ Price started to apologize.

‘Why are you apologizing? I thought you guys were just friends,” Kash played with his mind.

Price’s words got caught in his throat, “I mean how I-“ 

Kash cut him off and laughed, “I’m only joking with you. I know that you guys were romantically involved and she told me all about it. I just wanted to see how you would react if I talked to you all of the time,” Kash admitted.

Price sighed with relief and rubbed his head, “I thought you would be kind of mad,” he explained.

“No I’m all good,” Kash nodded slowly, “-I see you’re back to the dating thing and meeting up at bars,”

Price half smiled, “Yeah. My job only allots me enough time to go out to bars and meet people. That’s it,” 

Kash looked at the scene, “But meeting a girl at a bar is low quality. You can only find three types of women here. Girls in their early twenties who just want an older man with money, your age. Women your age who are just as sad as you and have a family already and you have to put up with their annoying kids and then older women who want a young man. I don’t think that is what you want,” Kash told him.

“Damn_. I do feel like it’s like that sometimes,” Price agreed.

“Exactly. You want a good woman so you have to go to the book store or something. Not where I found Cammie, but it’s a start. I wish I would have met her genuinely and not have wrapped her up in all of this,’ Kash regretted.

“Well what is done is done so all you could do now is try to make things right with whatever is going on now,” Price said, “-I mean you are at a bar so things must be crazy,”

“I wouldn’t say it’s crazy. We just have some random arguments and it takes a toll on our relationship and how our kids see us. It’s selfish because we act like how we used to act when it was just us alone,” Kash reflected, “-I just don’t want to slip up and hit her because she drives me to that point and puts her hands on me.”