Chapter 26 - Threes

|Normal|

Slim and Donatelllo got back to the condominium hours ago but didn't speak to each other. Slim knew that if he said anything to Donatello he would skin him alive and Donatello found that the more he talked, the more trouble he put himself in.

Slim looked at the time, it was around 9 and he began to wonder what Jacie was doing. She told him that she would always go home after work and make a nice meal but have to eat it by herself. Slim wished that he could be with her, keeping her company but he wasn't honest and even if he was she wanted no part of it. Slim picked up his phone, looking to see if Cammie called or maybe even Jacie but there was nothing and he felt lonely.

Donatello was heading upstairs and when he arrived, he knocked on the door lightly. Slim's feeling of loneliness passed and he was fuming with anger as he got up to open the door.

As soon as he saw Donatello, he shoved him back hard, "I can't keep trying to cover your ass_ every time you fuck_ up. You're saying you want to be on this team-not become the man your father wanted you to be but you are acting just like him,"

"I never asked you to help me in the first place and I'm nothing like him," Donatello argued as he pushed past Slim and walked inside.

Slim slammed the door, "Why would you say that in front of everyone? Now everyone will be on your case!" Slim shouted at him.

"Kash came at me so I had to defend myself. No one thought that was wrong of him?"

"Wrong of him? All you have been doing is wrong and he called you out on it. Who's fault is that but yours?" Slim asked him.

Cammie came home after visiting with Victor, her stomach in a knot. Lucinda, Kash's eldest sister had the kids but told Cammie that they wanted to spend a night. Cammie dropped her body on the couch as the phone rang. She huffed loudly and stood back up.

"Hey Rebekah," Cammie answered her niece dryly.

"Hey Auntie, how is Uncle Rah doing?" Rebekah asked her.

"He's doing fine. He started his treatment today so he should be alright in a matter of a week or so," Cammie explained to her.

"I was so worried, that God. He's the only Uncle I have I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him," Rebekah breathed a sigh of relief.

"What even happened?" Rebeakah asked.

"I don't even know, sweetie," she lied and then started thinking about what Victor told her. Kash wasn't like that and no matter how much wrong Cammie might have done to him, he would never do tit for tat to make her upset.

"I'll call you back, Rebekah. I have to make a call," Cammie told her.

"Alright Auntie but promise you won't just come off of the phone and cry," Rebekah already knows how Cammie is and didn't want her Auntie to feel like all was over.

Cammie called Carol Anne afterwards, waiting patiently as the phone rang three times and then four and then five-

Carol Anne stared at her cell phone as she saw Cammie's name pop up on the caller ID. She shoved the phone down between the couch. If she answered then she would have ended up telling Cammie everything. Instead she wiped her eyes and held onto her boys who were on either side of her. She thought about how Donatello could have killed her and left her boys stranded. How could she have been around someone who killed a little boy's mother? A little boy who had nothing left but a father who could lose his life any minute as well. If Donatello wanted to hurt Kash, why didn't he just hurt him-but then that would hurt Cammie and her family.