Chapter 2 - Foolish Woman

Pick of London in Media

My body jerked up and I grabbed the sheets on the left side of the bed. I sat all the way up, fully turning my body to face the left and started searching through the mess of pillows and sheets because these past few nights have been so cold and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep warm. I realized that I wasn't fully out of my dream, a dream where everyone that I touched was falling and I kept reaching out for people to hold my hand.

I wish I could remember that dream that Simone had channeled to me, all I remember was her voice narrating the whole thing but that's all.

I sighed and turned to place my feet on the ground of the right side of the bed and stared into the eyes of Rubin, holding his pillow close to his chest. I reached for my glasses and when I put them on I saw that he was crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked him trying not to kill him with my morning breath.

"I had a dream about my mommy and we went to the park to see all of these dinosaurs and she got lost," he rubbed his eye.

I was at a loss for words at first because I didn't know how to deal with this and I am usually good with kids. Rubin started climbing on the bed, "Can I sleep on here with you?"

I helped pull him up and put him on the left side, tucking him under the blanket, "You were looking for something?" he asked me.

"Uh-just my glasses," I smiled at him, "are you feeling a little better now?"

Rubin nodded slowly, "Why is he my dad?" he asked all of a sudden.

"What do you mean?" I questioned him.

"Did someone just pick him for me?" Rubin asked me.

"I guess you can say that. You're mom picked him," I replied.

"How do you know what she was thinking?" Rubin crawled closer.

"Well you are here aren't you?" I smiled and rubbed his head.

He nodded, "My mommy would try to tell me how my dad looked like and I could only imagine him one way," Rubin began.

"How?"

"He is black and can be tall sometimes, short sometimes and he moves really slow. He whispers a lot and he tells me that I am just like him and I have a little of him in me," Rubin smiled at me.

"Wait-does he have like eyes, ears, a mouth?" I questioned.

Rubin thought and shook his head and I just stared at him for a long time, "You know what, let's get up early and make breakfast."

The house is pretty warm and feels like home because of the furniture from our other home. The bedrooms and one bathroom were upstairs. The master bedroom was decent sized but when Kash and I-had our wild love sessions we were all over the room and it seems like we'll be stuck to the bed when and if he comes back around. Next door was the bathroom and then Riley's room and then the room that Camron and Rubin's room.

We brushed our teeth and then I headed downstairs straight into the little hallway before the entrance into the living room. I put cartoons on for Rubin and set him up there and then went to the kitchen, getting Marbles' food from the panty and putting some in his bowl.

"Marbles there was a point in time where you were the only baby I had to worry about. Sorry if I seem to be neglecting you," I rubbed behind his ear as he was busy eating.

I washed my hands and then began to prep the food for breakfast. I haven't made anything in a long time so we've been eating cereal a lot but it's now the beginning of June and I want to start fresh. Riley came down afterwards and Camron came down later. He actually started walking not too long ago and I recorded it with my phone, saving it on my computer so that I could show Kash one day. I think that I actually want to start writing some of the things down that goes on and keeping things to show Kash whenever he gets out because it is not known yet.