Malfoy Manor

Draco P.O.V:

I watched as Potter took deep breaths.

Only it wasn't him. He was Riddle.

A boy whom, I'd apparently known as a baby. Whom I'd apparently loved to play with. But I just couldn't shake the feeling that he felt... wrong. Inauthentic. But there was something about him that I was drawn to. Just like I was with Potter. Whenever I went near him I would crave his attention to the point that it became embarrassing. Though at the time I preferred the argumentative energy that we both had sported for four years. I didn't know what energy I preferred now.

"Draco my boy. Come, you must sleep."

I refused to move, or even acknowledge my father. I couldn't.

I needed answers from Riddle.

My father crossed the room and rested a hand on my shoulder. He didn't seem to be feeling sympathetic but I knew from the small gesture that he indeed was.

"If you wish to stay here then you may. But please don't neglect sleep for too long."

I nodded tightly and sat on the chair next to Xavier. He stirred but didn't wake up. His brow was furrowed and he was sweating. I took off the quilt that was on him and noticed that he was dressed in a hoodie and sweatpants still. There was a big dark patch on his back from, what I assumed was sweat. I sighed. It was sweltering in this room because of the fire. I clapped my hands and Dobby appeared.

"Dobby, dress him in something more appropriate for the heat."

Dobby nodded obediently and snapped his fingers. I nodded my head to dismiss him and turned around. I gasped. Dobby had removed his hoodie to reveal badly wrapped bandages and...burns. Bad burns. I almost gagged at the sight. His skin was peeling and there were blisters the size of my hand. Blood had dripped off his back and onto the bed.

"MOTHER!"

My mother apparated in front of me and clutched my shoulders.

"What Draco? What's wrong?!"

I pointed to Xavier and grimaced. She turned on her heel and gasped. She turned to me and ushered me out of the room.

"Go get Severus "

She turned around and shut the room behind her. I ran down the stairs and alerted Severus. He immediately got up and traipsed up the stairs. I slumped down on the couch in front of the fire trying to get the image of his back out of my mind. The burns looked red and fresh. When could he have possibly done that? I tried to think of any time he might've been exposed to something that hot. But I couldn't. I decided that I would go and investigate in the dorm. 

I flooed to the dormitory and looked around. Noticing that we had left Jafar here. I walked over to him cautiously and stuck out my hand, remembering that Xavier had told me that Jafar liked me. He looked at me and back at my hand before slithering onto my arm.

"Jafar, I don't know if you can understand me, but I need to know where Xavier was after last night."

He tilted his head and seemed to look down at Xavier's trunk. I walked over to it and opened the latch. I opened it and realized it was a trunk with an Undetectable Extension Charm. I stepped into the trunk and closed my eyes.

I opened them to find myself in a large living room. It looked very old fashioned. There were records piled on the shelves, along with old and new books. The floor was wooden with a blood red carpet. The grand piano looked barely used and the coffee tables were clean and unscratched. There was a large chandelier on the roof that sparkled red in the light.

I was in awe of how elegant the room was. And of how at home I felt. Jafar slithered down my leg and continued toward a room. I followed him into the room and saw a new looking bed, sitting in a dilapidated room. I wrinkled my nose at the smell and continued into the connected room. It was an en-suite. I shook my head.

"How could he possibly burn his back in here?"

Jafar slithered up the sink and stared at the shower. I turned my head and looked onto the floor, there was a black towel on the floor that looked matted with something. A memory popped into my head of me burning my hand while making my father a cup of tea. I reached into the shower to turn the hot water tap and snatched my hand away.

It was scalding hot.

I looked down at my hand and saw a red mark where I'd tried to turn the tap. I sighed and turned my head. Could Xavier have done this to himself? I ran my hand under cold water for a while until my hand turned a little numb. I let Jafar glide up my arm and walked back to the living room. I glanced around, maybe I could help his cleaning. Just a little bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xavier's P.O.V:

I groaned, I felt both hot and cold at the same time. My muscles ached and my stomach clenched. I began gagging, I heard a gasp as someone rushed over, holding a bucket under my chin. I emptied my guts and fell onto my back. The room was spinning and I groaned again as the sheets stuck to my back.

"Turn over dear. It will do you no good lying on your back."

I felt cool hands touch my shoulder, I was too weak to stop them as they turned me back into my stomach.

"Sleep, soon the symptoms will alleviate."

I closed my eyes and begged for the feeling to disappear. I felt a few tears escape my eye as I slipped into a deep sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco P.O.V: 

I leaned back onto the new kitchen bench and sighed. I'd cleaned and repaired every single room in this trunk. I was amazed at how grand everything now looked. There were many big chandeliers, cushions, intricate rugs and even a full wardrobe of old but elegant looking clothes. There were a few items that were labelled with the initials, "G.G."

I would research that later.

I apparated back into the dormitory and grabbed all of Xavier's things, that he would need at least. I let Jafar rest on my shoulders before I apparated back into Xavier's new room. My mother hurried over to me and embraced me.

"Oh, my son. Where did you go?"

I sniffed and placed Xavier's trunk at the end of his bed. He shivered and coughed but didn't stir.

"Just to pick up some of Xavier's things."

Jafar looked at my mother before slithering off my shoulder and onto the bed next to Xavier. I sat back down next to the chair and was startled when I felt a hand grab mine. I looked down to see that Xavier had intertwined our fingers. His eyes fluttered open slightly,

"Thank you."

He whispered hoarsely. His hand dropped next to the bed again and he passed out. I looked down at his hand and despite my best efforts.. I smiled.