Sorting

Xavier P.O.V:

I heard Prof. McGonagall's loud voice and assumed that she was asking the first year's and new students to follow her. Milly was right next to me and she was talking in a very animated voice, I started panicking when Prof. McGonagall called out the first person's full name, I had forgotten about the whole last name situation.

"Relax idiot, you didn't register your last name, remember?" I could practically hear Jafar's eyes rolling. I sighed in relief and stayed at the back of the hall with Milly, I was feeling anxious because everyone's eyes were on me. People must have been scared of the giant snake around my neck,

"Ok and we have two new students that will be joining the Year 5 students. First student is Milly Flytree!"

Milly walked toward the front and the hat talked to her for a few minutes before it evidently made it's decision and yelled,

"RAVENCLAW!"

The Ravenclaw table clapped and Milly's robes transformed to the Ravenclaw colours.

"And last Xavier..."

McGonagall trailed off as she realized that there was no last name on the sheet. She glanced up at me as I walked to the front. I plopped onto the seat, keeping my eyes on the floor.

"Hello, there Mr. Riddle." I jumped a little at that, I didn't know that the sorting hat could speak Parseltongue,

"You know who I am?"  Wait, Professor McGonagall literally just read your name out you idiot, but she didn't read out my last name because I didn't register with it, 

Hat: "Of course I do, I know everything."

X.R: "Well, what house are you gonna put me in?"

Hat: "Hmm, I think I should stick with your roots and put you in Slytherin but it's a hard decision."

X.R: "Why?"

Hat: "Because you are very brave like a Gryffindor, you are ambitious like a Slytherin, you are very intelligent like a Ravenclaw and you are very loyal like a Hufflepuff so I just don't know where to put you." 

The hat thought about it for a solid 10 minutes before he finally said something.

"SLYTHERIN"

The Slytherins clapped politely, I wondered how they would've reacted had they known I was Voldemort's son, would they be roaring loudly like they had done for Draco. I shook the thought away and sighed. I didn't really feel like making conversation so I sat at the end of the table, with some students I didn't know.

"Hi, I'm (insert random name here). Would you like to be friends with me?" I shrugged and watched Jafar slither off my shoulder and onto the table. He watched the boy intently until he got up and walked away from me, Jafar then looked at me for a reward. I looked around and saw that a few people were still staring. I grabbed some of the chicken off the table, cut it up and fed it to Jafar piece by piece. People eventually stopped staring at me and went on with their lives. I sighed quietly and grabbed some more meat for myself

Draco P.O.V: 

"Xavier looks like a freak, don't you think Draco?" I nodded, not really bothering to argue with them. Crab and Goyle were getting on my nerves, normally I would have laughed, but I didn't have the energy. I could feel his eyes burning into my head. I turned to look at him and saw that he was looking at me with a burning hatred. Yesterday he was disgusted by my very being and now he looks at me with murderous intent. Great. He made eye contact with me as he drunk from his goblet. I watched as he picked something out of his teeth with his tongue. He lifted his lip and sucked his teeth as he did, I caught a glimpse of pure white teeth. I shivered. It was freaky how white they were.

{After the meal}

"A quick question before anyone leaves. Has anyone seen Harry Potter?" The hall erupted in whispers as everyone scanned the hall, I knew that something was off, The golden trio didn't seem like a trio without Gryffindor's golden boy, Granger stood up and began to tell everyone that if they had information then they should go to her or Weasel. Xavier looked glum,

"Has no one seen him?" At that moment Xavier let out a sniff, and immediately all eyes were planted on him. He widened his eyes, everyone probably thought he had some information to give, because he made a noise. He looked down at his lap and played with his hands, not making eye contact with anyone.

"Alright you all may go to your houses. Prefects lead the first years on a tour through the castle. And if you see Mr. Potter then please tell him to come to my office. Goodnight students!" Everyone got up but no one was laughing or talking, we were all wondering where Potter was.

I ran to catch up with Pansy who had gone to introduce herself to Xavier. I could hear him whispering to his snake and I gasped as I realised what the language was. I stared at him in astonishment, he was a parseltongue!? But that was virtually impossible. The only people that were known to be able to speak the snake language was Harry potter and Voldemort. He was starting to get annoyingly mysterious. I caught up to Blaise and followed him into the common room, I rolled my eyes and walked up the steps, not wanting to listen to Snape's speech. When we got there, I could see a large trunk sitting on one of the beds, it was labelled 'X.R' in big black letters, I assumed that it was Xavier's because no other fifth years had the initial X. I wonder what his last name was. I glanced around but there was no other trace of him. He'd just vanished.

"So I guess we're sharing a room with Xavier and Theo." I nodded at Blaise and began to unpack my trunk into the dresser next to my bed. After I'd finished that I grabbed the fluffy blanket that I'd brought from home and lay it out on my bed. I snatched my toiletries and pyjamas, as I was heading to the showers; I looked everywhere for Xavier, but I didn't see him. Even when I got back from my shower, he still wasn't there. 

I curled up under my blanket and curled my wings around me. I fell asleep to theories of who Xavier was swirling around my head.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up two hours later to a loud noise. I turned my head to see a large figure in the dark. I reached for my wand as quietly as I could. The figure walked toward the door and left the dormitory room, without even turning around. I looked at the beds and saw that two of the other beds had people in them. Was that Xavier that I had just seen? I shuddered and curled into a ball, I put my wand back on the dresser and closed my eyes as tightly as I could. I hoped that it was just Xavier.