Missing

Draco P.O.V:

I rolled my eyes as my father paced. Xavier had been missing since last night and everyone was worrying, except me.

"What on earth could have happened to him?"

My mother was the one who was the most worried. She was worried that she had somehow made him upset.

"Did you say anything to him Draco? I saw you go outside after he left the table."

I shoved my hands in my pockets and leaned against the wall.

"I was going to ask him why he was being a piece of shit. But he went off about how much of a change all of this is, then he flew away."

Snape groaned and rubbed his face.

"You imbecile. His back wasn't fully healed. He could've reopened his wounds and not have been able to fly back."

I sucked on my teeth.

"Why are you all so frightened? He's probably just cooling off somewhere."

The Dark Lord walked up to me and looked me in the eyes.

"Draco, Draco. Must you always be so ignorant?"

I felt my hands shake; I was trying not to let on how scared I was, even though I was fucking terrified.

"Tell me. What happens when a lion encounters a wounded animal?"

I sniffed.

"It kills the animal and eats it."

The Dark Lord shook his head and stepped closer to me. He reached up his hand and grabbed the back of my neck. His hands were ice cold, making me shiver. He glared at me and I watched as his face morphed back into it's snake-like state.

"Try again. What happens when a Lion encounters a wounded animal?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"I d-don't-"

I gasped as the Dark Lord back handed me. I hit the floor again and groaned. What was it with the Riddle's and back handing people to the floor.

"You stupid little shit."

I gulped and stared at the floor. The Dark Lord sighed and shook his head.

"I'll tell you what would happen. The Lion would play with it's prey, to ensure that it will not attack him when he goes for the kill. Also, because it's fun."

I looked back up at him. His red eyes were glinting in the light. I got the feeling that he was familiar with playing with his prey. 

"Why do you think I asked you this?"

I shook my head. What on earth was he talking about? He rolled his eyes and stared at my father.

"Your son is useless Lucius."

I could feel my hands shaking. I bit the inside of my cheek. My father looked at me with an apologetic look.

"Though he's weak there is the possibility that Xavier could be broken in and turned into the weapon that could win this war. So I want to find him before Albus does, because..?"

He trailed off and looked at me.

"Because Dumbledore could use him against us? By ensuring that Xavier won't attack him when he kills you."

The Dark Lord's eyes flashed and he threw a short Crucio at me. I screamed and felt the tears stream down my face.

"Careful Draco. You're bordering on traitorous with your language."