First Day

Xavier P.O.V:

Snape was pacing back and forth, he'd been glaring at most of the Gryffindors because they were all very chatty. He'd started the lecture with his usual, I don't care about you and how if we listen then we can learn great things. I looked up to see Snape staring at me, or at my work rather.

"Impressive work, Mr. R. It seems you have perfect recall of the material that you learnt last year."

I looked at him, alarmed. How did he know? I had been so careful. Though I suppose if Snape was indeed a Deatheater like I suspected then he would know what Voldemort looked like. Maybe we looked similar in some way?

"See me after class."

He walked away and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I turned my head slightly to see Draco staring at me, he looked at me like I was a puzzle that he desperately needed to solve.

"What?"

Draco rolled his eyes and went back to writing notes. I'd already finished and was hoping to leave early but knowing Snape, he'd probably just hunt me down anyway. Everyone began to pack up as the end of class drew closer. Draco gave me a shit eating grin and left the class with everyone else. Leaving me alone with the man who hated my 'father'.

"So Mr. Riddle, does Dumbledore know about you?"

I shook my head and crossed my arms, trying to put at least some form of barrier between us. I didn't know who was in on Dumbledore's schemes, nor did I know if Voldemort would kill me upon finding out that I am or used to be Harry Potter.

"So, how were your holidays Mr. Riddle? Or should I say, Mr. Potter? Which one do you go by?"

I snapped my head to the side and glared at him.

"How did you know?"

Snape smirked and nodded his head toward my book bag.

"Your writing. It reads the same. Messy yet sophisticated."

I bit the side of my cheek and made eye contact with him.

"Do. Not. Tell. Anyone."

Snape scoffed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not going to tell Dumbledore, if that's what you're worried about. But I will be telling the Dark Lord."

I pushed my chair back, hearing it grate against the floor as I snatched my books off of the ground.

"Xavier, come back here now!"

I turned back to him. He looked at me, with a glare that used to make me crumble.

"Do not play with me Pot- Riddle."

I glared back at him.

"Look Professor, I respect you as a wizard, I truly do, but I need you to know that I am not my 'father'. I am not even who I thought I was. I ask you to respect that."

I knew throughout my years of being here that he saw me as a replica of James Potter. So he used me to take out his frustrations.

I walked out of the potions room and walked toward my next class, praying that the rest of the day would go by fast and without incidence.

{Lunchtime - Draco P.O.V.}

I walked over to Xavier and sat next to him. He had a mug of bright red and thick liquid that I assumed, and hoped, was just some sort of red milkshake. Though I suppose it would definitely make the teeth make sense if he was a Vampire.

I sat next to him and began to eat when Weasel sat across from me. His hair was messier then ever and his face was red as though he'd been laughing.

"So Malfoy, I heard you're a poof."