Harry's Inheritance

Everything ached. Harry could hear his reluctant relatives downstairs, Dudley and Vernon were yelling at the television and Petunia was, no doubt, having a cigarette out on the back porch, likely under the disillusion that no one knew about them, but Harry had more important things to worry about. Like the fact that his head was going to explode. Or at least he thought it would. He tried to take some sleeping pills but that didn't help him at all. He sighed and lay awake. It felt like his head was splitting apart and his back felt like there was something in his torso that was trying to break free via ripping his skin with a blunt butter knife. He groaned and lay on his stomach, trying desperately to fall asleep.

He woke up the next morning, feeling like there was a huge weight on his back. He tried to stand up but whatever was on his back almost made him fall backwards. Petunia's trained ears had heard his footsteps and she came charging up the stairs. Vernon had not yet woken up but that was no excuse for the sorry excuse for a human to be asleep. She threw his door open only to scream and faint on the floor. Vernon, hearing her, came thundering down the hallway but instead of charging like an angry rhino he turned paler than the moon and ran down the staircase.

Harry stared at Petunia and was about to try and wake her up when he saw that Hedwig was trying to escape her cage. He opened the door and held his hand out for her to nibble. Instead, she screeched and scratched his hand. He snatched his hand away gasping, hurt at her reaction. She flew out the open window as fast as she could. Before he could call after her, he caught some black eyes blinking in the mirror. Not some, HIS black eyes. He trailed his eyes from his head to his stomach.

His face no longer had the scar, the one thing that was a constant reminder as to why he hated Voldemort so much. His killing curse green eyes had been replaced with dark black eyes, he winced at how lifeless they looked. He could see perfectly fine without his glasses which caught him off guard, he rubbed the small indent from where the glasses were used to resting on his face. They were the only thing that pointed to him once having glasses. His once dark brown hair had become straighter and was now an almost black brown. It looked tame, for once. He looked at his body and realized that instead of looking like a malnourished runt, he had a flat stomach and lean muscles. He had also grown a few inches. He now looked 6'1 instead of 5'11. At least Dudley's old clothes fit him better now. He turned to the side to look at his waist when he saw a mass of black move behind him. He looked behind him and almost fell to his knees

He had wings. 

They were about the same size as him, thick and they moved like they had a mind of their own. One minute they were wrapped around his body and the next they were stretched away from him. His wings were pitch black and looked really soft, he went to run his hand through his hair, a habit that he'd noticed occurred when he was stressed or upset, when he felt something cold and hard. He leaned down and gaped at himself in the mirror. 

He also had horns.

They were black, twisted and red at the tips. A tapping noise knocked him out of his stupor. It was a huge jet-black owl at the window. He grabbed the letter from the owl's beak and gave him one of Hedwig's treats. The letter read:

Dear Mr. HP

We have been informed of you coming into your creature inheritance and wish for you to come to Gringotts the Wizarding Bank so that we may figure out your full inheritance and register you. This letter is a portkey, and you need only say "Goblin" to activate it. 

Yours sincerely,

Ragnok

Director of Inheritance, Creature and Financial

Gringotts the Wizarding Bank

Diagon Alley

London

United Kingdom

He stared at the letter and blinked. He was a creature? But neither of his parents were creatures? And as far as he knew, the Potter line didn't have Creature Inheritances. If you don't count Animagi then he was the first in the Potter line to have a creature inheritance. Well, he supposed at least that the Inheritance explained the transformation. He'd been worried for a moment that someone had force fed him Polyjuice Potion at night. He jogged to his small chest of drawers and tried to find something to cover himself. He found a pair of Dudley's old long pants; unfortunately there was nothing that could be stretched over the wings on his back, so he decided to take the shredded hoodie off; recoiling at the thought of walking into Gringotts shirtless. He hoped that he could grab some galleons without his key. He would need to purchase a book about his creature to learn more and some new clothes.