A surprising development

Xavier sighed and rubbed his chin with his hand. It was nearing time for the holiday break.

Dumbledore had given up insisting on Xavier's presence in the Gryffindor dormitories, so Xavier spent most of his free time corresponding with Voldemort or spending time with his friends and followers.

Snape's death had rocked him hard. He felt wary whenever he saw the Headmaster, knowing that he would stoop to those levels was terrifying.

Along with that, hearing Draco sob quietly in his bed at night was making him feel even worse.

Life had become just as complicated and dramatic as it was before Xavier Riddle.

"Xavier?"

He turned around slowly, eyeing Theo as he walked up to him, he had a cage in his hand, with a big black cloth covering it.

"I've noticed how upset you seem to be, and so I brought you something that I hope will cheer you up!"

He took the cloth off the cage and revealed the coiled shape of Jafar. Xavier smiled and grabbed Theo by the back of his neck. He smiled and gently took Jafar out of the cage, draping his body over his neck.

"Thank you Theo. How did you find him?"

Theo's face turned a light shade of red.

"I-I uh, I found him outside the castle when I went to go to Honeyduke's. I knew it was Jafar because he seemed to come up to me and ask me for his help."

Xavier nodded and smiled again.

"He must be exhausted, it's far too cold for snakes. Thank you for bringing him to me."

Xavier was about to turn away when Theo's lips caught his. He was surprised and didn't quite know what to do. Theo moved slightly closer and was about to grab Xavier's cheeks. When Xavier grabbed his hands and pulled himself away

"What. The. Fuck."

Xavier quickly glanced to his right. Draco was standing there and he was FUMING.

Theo stumbled over an apology to Xavier but before he could finish Draco ran back up the stairs. Xavier sighed and took the cage from Theo's hands. Theo frowned with himself and shook his head.

"I am so sorry, I don't know what came over me..."

Xavier held up his hand and instead of returning it to his side, he put it on Theo's shoulder.

"I am very sorry if I have done anything to make you think that I am interested, but I am not. I am interested in... someone else."

Theo's face fell, he knew that it was a possibility that he would be rejected but he never imagined that it would hurt this much.

"That's alright, I know what you mean Xavier. And I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I kind of just saw an opening and went for it."

Xavier nodded and smiled before planting a short kiss on Theo's cheek and running up the stairs after Draco. Theo lifted his hand up to his cheek and he gave a small smile.

-With Draco-

Draco felt his anger bubble underneath his skin. Why was he so pissed off? It's not like he hadn't heard Theo talk about Xavier before, or noticed the fact that Xavier was a Pureblood mother's wet dream. He was stunning, and he came from one of the most prestigious pureblooded families in history. Why shouldn't Theo try to date him?

"Draco?"

The boy spun around on his heel and rushed towards Xavier, he hit him in the chest twice before glaring up at him.