CH 44

Author's Pov : 

"My father…?" Sehun asked, his voice low but sharp. "How? Then what about the man…?" 

Grandma shook her head, trying to wipe her tears and speak clearly. "T-They were not y-your real parents" 

Sehun's heart clenched even more. "Both of them?" 

Grandma nodded shakily, her body shaking as more tears flowed over her cheeks. 

"What happened to them?" He asked still not giving anyone time to interrupt him. 

Grandma heart shooked, as she clenched her eyes shut. "T-They killed t-them. T-Those bastards k-killed them!" She exclaimed, with uncontrolled bitterness. "J-Just for m-money. I c-couldn't save t-them f-from those monsters!" Her eyes turned red with grief and guilt. "I-I am S-Sorry" 

Sehun didn't move, nor did he speak another word, only the silence followed with a slight hiccuping of Grandma who was looking down with guilt and sadness. 

Suho, Kyungsoo and Jongin who look like they were about to spring over in action felt cold wind passed by them as they didn't get any reaction from Sehun. 

Sehun, who knew everyone were just ready to jump over him at any second let out a shaky sigh internally but in present he couldn't help but clench his hands over the shoe box. 

'Father' the one word which was like a bolt of lighting that fell over him. Sehun had a father too, but he was a different man with a different name, basically he wants to say is, he was not this man that Grandma claims to be his real father. 

All his life, he has always known one man as his father, who has always been by Sehun's side like some darkness ready to swallow him. 

Sehun remembers his so called father who would always watch as his own wife beat the shit out of him. The father who would give everyone a chance to bully him freely. The father who would let his cruel words out loud that he made sure little Sehun could hear them. The father who called him a disgrace, the father who called him a nuisance, the father who treated him like he was dirt, the father who had treated him like a punching bag. Yes, this was the version of father he has met who has not only beat him, not only insulted him but he was also someone who actually tried to kill him. Not just once but as many as times Sehun could remember. He has so many images of his so called father in his mind that sometimes Sehun he wished he didn't have a father at all. 

Sehun stares at the woman beside the man. The woman who suddenly turns out to be his real mother. This was not the woman that claimed to be his mom for he doesn't know how long. The version of his so called 'mother' he met turns out she was never his mother in first place. His so called mother who hated him more than anything else. His mother who let him bleed out to die. His mother who was so heartless to leave him alone in the dark for days and nights not even a bit concerned for his well being. His mother who would tie him up and torture him like some experiment material. His so called mother who often told him how much she hates him, how much she wanted him gone, how much she wanted me to just disappear. His so called mother who won't let him breathe, it was so suffocating that he he wished why was he not an Orphan instead. 

Parents, someone who Sehun was never lucky with, who made him beg to never have any. The years spend with them were like hell. Sometimes, he would even think of himself as an animal caged and punished. All those times, he has only asked himself one question. What was his fault? Sure, he was weak, timid and small but atleast he was someone who respected, loved and cared for everyone. He knew his parents hated him for what he was but today he also got to know that he was hated for being Who he was.