CH 29.

Continuation of Chapter 27 :

Author's Pov :

"Tea"

Chanyeol offered two cups of green tea as of utter politeness as he could muster, but his void face gave it away that he was not at all thrilled to welcome both the males in his humble abord. Also, the fact that he felt like a mere third person among them as both the males have yet to take their gaze off each other.

He seems to contemplate, whether to talk first or threw both of them out.

The second option sounded good. Really good.

Kris accepted the cup first, shifting his eyes away from Tao taking a break from their intense staring, as he took a big sip of the warm tea and the way his expressions fluctuated, Chanyeol could tell the next time Kris opened his mouth he was gonna flatter him with few compliments. Zitao on the other hand was quiet until now, finally opened his mouth only to take in a large sip, taking extra effort to slurp loudly which made both Chanyeol and Kris think as if he did it on purpose. Alas, both choose not to comment and keep their lips sealed as for their own reasons.

There was pin-drop silence and a wave of awkwardness hung in the air, which all the three males can feel.

Surprisingly Tao was the one to speak, also the one to finish his tea first. Clearing his throat he spoke in a gentle manner like there wasn't any tension between them.

"So you even cheated death. I wonder how?"

Chanyeol didn't look a bit surprised by it,  while Kris on the other hand regardless kept sipping his tea,  not a hint of uneasiness detected on his face. He slowly put the teacup down with a quite 'Thankyou' and finally returned his attention towards the other male.

Kris shrugged then suddenly flashed a small grin. "I'm an exceptional man indeed. Even death needs to ask for my permission first. You should know this quite well Dr. Huang"

Tao gave him an impassive look not getting irritated or annoyed as if he was used to such remarks.

"I wonder how Dr.Huang made time to drop by all the way from China. You seem to be a very busy man. Also, our meeting here together in the same place, same time, doesn't seem to me like a coincidence, or is it really?"

Dr. Huang as in Tao raised one of his perfect brows, his lips twitching a bit into a frown.

"You seem to flatter yourself a lot, Mr. Wu. If you think I followed you here all the way from China then that's extremely absurd. I mean that's too cheap of you to even have such doubts. Speaking of coincidences that shouldn't be a new thing between us either. Am I right Mr. Wu"

Everything fell silent, both males sharing heated gazes, meanwhile, there was Chanyeol who thought of taking the cups away and give both the males some space. It was too kind of him to be so patient, to even let two annoying men enter his house and even offer them tea and also let them bicker like year-long enemies right under his roof. Yes, Chanyeol was definitely patient.

Kris's eyes snapped back, as he broke the stare between them. Something about following and coincidences triggered a sudden clench in his heart. He cleared his throat and let out a small smile but you could tell it was a facade.

"Right, Let's not dwell over it. We have already taken too much of Park Chanyeol's time. That's a bit rude" He laughed and Chanyeol actually rolled his eyes, internally off course. He wondered if these two males even know the meaning of being Rude.

After a bit of thinking, Chanyeol finally gave them his whole attention. He was usually quiet and would let the other party make their first move but since he was eager to throw them out of his house he took it upon himself to start ahead.