Chapter 36

[Minor Warning: There will be a lot of point of view switches because this is a turning point for Sunshine and Ray. SORRY FOR THE CHOICE OF MUSIC!]

Third Person POV

[January 22, 2046, Shelter B 06-32, The search for Minerva]

"Let's have a nice meal!" Everyone said with a smile on their faces. After praying, the escapees are happily eating their breakfast. They didn't notice the smaller portion Ray had, except for Emma. The group openly discussed their plan to use minimal on things since Yugo haven't really allowed them to stay. 

As the group finished eating and washing the dishes, the group went to their own interests. Emma stared at her family with a contented smile on her face. Nat found some piano pieces and he smiled and faced Emma.

"There are some musical sheets here. Can I try my hands on them?" Emma nods so Nat excitedly sat on the chair and tested some tunes. Emma and the others started to mind their own businesses as they listen to Nat's amazing skill.

[Play the song above until the end of the chapter! (wrote this last nov 1, 2020)]

Emma noticed that Ray is reading a book on the far corner of the Living Area. Emma approached him and he noticed that he is staring, not reading. She plopped beside him and he noticed that He is staring at his pictures with Sunshine.

"Ray." Emma said softly. Ray smiled sadly at her as he caressed his bracelet.

"I just," Ray stared at the picture before continuing, "miss her, you know."

"Mm." Emma nods as she placed her head on top of Ray's shoulder to offer comfort. "I know that feeling." Emma subconsciously thought or Norman. Ray nods as he leaned his head on top of her.

The both of them seeking comfort together as they reminisced their memories with their loved ones.

***********

"Phil and the other kids deserve to know this happiness. All of our family must go together to the human world" Emma said as she and Ray sat down in front of the others as they discussed on how to save Phil and the others.

"Yeah. Sunshine didn't state in the letter on how to save them so she believes in our skills that we can save them.

"Yeah." Emma smiled. She leaned back as she thought of the other kids back at the Grace Field. "Oh I want so bad to meet the kids again." Emma sighed. "Norman. . . Sunshine. . ." Ray said nothing as he subconsciously rubbed his bracelet, a habit he never mind.

"We will meet Phil and the kids, one day. That's why we're looking for leads, right?" Ray said.

"Yes! We've already found the archive room. Let's start by looking for Minerva." Emma said as she raised up a book from the archives. Ray nods.

"Well then, we've secured a place for now.  Time to figure out what's next." Ray said seriously. 

***********

The metal door let out a screech as it was opened. The person inside didn't even bothered to cover her ears and instead, she stared blankly at the person entering the confinement. Peter smirked at the sight of Sunshine staring blankly ahead.