Chapter 9

Sunshine's POV

[Midnight]

As I pretended to sleep, I heard movements to Ray's side, him obviously getting up to report to Mama again. This time, Ray will be biting to Norman's bait.

Oh, well. Ray is doomed since the time Sister Krone entered our House

As I heard the door open and close, I opened my eyes and adjusted to the dark before hoisting myself up and following Ray. As I close the door behind me, I leaned my body to the side, waiting for the return of Ray.

Hearing footsteps nearing, I crossed my arms and closed my eyes before talking.

"So, you told Mama where the ropes are."

"Gah!" Ray flinched, obviously surprised at my voice. Ray composes himself before looking at me with a suspecting gaze. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, this is where we live." I replied, my voice dripping with sarcasm. Ray rolled his eyes before entering the bedroom with me behind him.

"So, why are you still up?" Ray asked quietly as we lay down to my bed. I snuggled close to him as possible with him brushing my hair.

"I just want to warn you to prepare yourself with what's to come this week, the next week, and the next two months, specifically your birthday." I said seriously. "You're going to burn yourself with this House." I felt Ray sighed before tightening his hug --but not too tight to suffocate me.

"Well, I can't hide anything from you, right?" 

"Yeah. Can't hide anything."

******************

[October 30, 2045, Morning]

As Gilda and Emma do the laundry, I played with the kids, wanting to bond with them as much as I could before all hell break loose. As  we create flower crowns with Sherry and the others, I noticed Mama looking at Gilda and Emma intensely.

Mama sure is scary, even with her far away from us

"Say, Sunshine." Sherry said, making me look at her with a questioning gaze. "Do you find it weird that Emma is quite distant?" she asked making my eyes go wide from the shock.

Well, she is observant as hell

"Well, let's see." I said, thinking of an idea how to tell them the truth but not hurting them at one bit. As an idea came up to me, I called the others to introduce my idea.

"Let's play a game. This is called 'The Oracle's Prophecy'. Do you know what a prophecy or an oracle is?" I asked. most of them shook their heads. I sighed before explaining what they are. By then, Thoma, Lani, Mark, and Jemima have joined us.

"So you get it?" They all said yes that made me smile. "Okay, I will be the Oracle and one of you will tap my right shoulder twice but all of you must say at the same time this phrase: 'Dear Oracle, tell thy fate'. once I finished the words I will say, okay?" I asked once more earning various nods from them.

"Okay, I will close my eyes now." I said as I placed my finished flower crown to my head before closing my eyes, my hands intertwined in front of me. I heard them whisper so jokingly, I opened one eye to look at them. Jemima looked at me before huffing.