Chapter 14

Third Person POV

[November 1, 2045, Nighttime]

"Thoma, Lani, Nat, Anna. Can you all have a minute?" Sunshine softly asked as she entered the other shared bedroom. The mentioned children nods, confusion visible on their faces as they neared Sunshine.

"What is it?" 

"Can you trust me?" Sunshine asked as she looked at them straight in the eyes. They nod their heads. "Then, will you trust me?" Sunshine asked once more. Thoma made a confusing sound that made all the others look at him.

"Hnggh. What's the difference between 'can' and 'will'? I mean, they're pretty much the same." Lani sighed before bonking Thoma's head.

"Idiot!" 

"Ehem." Sunshine cleared her throat, stopping all the commotion. "Since you all trust me, I need you to do a favor."

"Okay, what is it?"

[Nighttime, Set after Don, Gilda, Nat, Anna, Thoma, and Lani went back to their shared bedroom, Sunshine's POV]

I sighed as I heard the door of the other bedroom close. I pulled my ear away from the door and slowly opening it, enough for me to sneak outside and close it quietly. I walked to where Sister Krone's room is, catching bits of their conversation.

"Have you ever heard of Him?" I stopped in my track as I remember Sister Krone introducing Him to Emma and Norman. 

Then, I'll just wait for them to finish their conversation, right outside.

I leaned my body against the railings of the stairs as I drowned myself in my own thoughts.

If I sleep later, will I meet Him again? If that's the case, I hope He will choose a safer route since last time, it took a toll on my body.

"Let's chat for longer that we did tonight!"

Hearing the door open, I hid in the shadows as I saw Emma and Norman walk out of Sister Krone's room with a scared expression. I stared at their figure as they slowly walked out of Sister Krone's room as her door closes. I walked behind them as I noticed their horrified expression.

"So. . ." I started, making them jump from fright. 

"Gah! Sunshine!" Norman exclaimed as they both placed their hands on their chests as they tried to calm down their breathing.

"Sorry. . ." I said sheepishly. Norman sighed as he pets my hair.

"It's okay." Norman assured me. "By the way, what are you doing here?" 

"I'm here to warn the both of you." I said as we neared their shared room.

"Warn us?" Emma asked, intrigued. I nod my head as I face them.

"Warn you for tomorrow. Just be prepared." I said, worried for their safety tomorrow. Norman looked at me before sighing, opening the door to their shared bedroom.

"Yeah, we will." Norman replied as he game me a small smile. Emma gave me one too before disappearing inside their shared bedroom. I sighed before a headache striked me, making me fall out of sudden dizziness.

"Mama." a sound of camera shutter went off. looking around, I noticed that I am where Mama gave Ray the instant camera.