Chapter 25

Third Person POV

[January 15, 2046, early morning]

"This is 73584 from Plant 3! We have an escape! Sound the alarm!"

A loud wailing alarm has been sounded from the HQ, alerting the running kids at the top of the walls. Ray ran up to Emma.

"They alarmed it just in time." Emma said as she looked at the bloody arrow at the top of the wall. Ray looked at where the arrow is pointing and there he saw a bump at the cliff, nearer at the walls. 

"We cross the cliff." Emma said as she points at the protruding land at the edge of the cliff.

"Attention, all units. An urgent message from Plant 3. Fifteen kids are making an escape following the fire. Two of them are top-quality. As such, we shall enter the highest alert."

"Cross the cliff? But back then, Norman said. . ."

"The bridge is the only escape route. Or at least that's how anyone else would think. We will never have a chance with the cliff. That's exactly why you'll ignore the bridge and cross the cliff. Sunshine showed me a terrain where you can cross and she marked it with her blood. It's a bit gross but bear with her."

"Don't worry, we trained like crazy for this." Gilda said as she noticed the shock face of Ray. 

"'Trained'?" Ray muttered in shock, not yet absorbing the plan Norman and Sunshine created for their escape. Just then, Don started to spin a rope with a rock at the edge and threw it as hard as he can. As soon as it went past a bark, he grabbed the rope just in time for it to spin, securing itself tightly. 

"Nat!" Don shouts.

"All right!" Nat replied as he tied the other end of the rope to a tree nearby. everybody cheered as soon as Nat secured the rope. Ray looked at the rope in disbelief.

"Emma, don't tell me. . ."

"We'll be fine as long as the first one gets across." Emma said smugly. Ray's eyes widen as he tried to stop Don who let go of her footing and zipped across the cliff. They all looked at Don expectantly as he dropped himself rather harshly on a bush. Don emerged from the bush with a lit lamp on his hand and a smile on his face.

"He did it!" Emma and the others cheered loudly. Ray is still in shock as he turned to look at Thoma and Lani as they both held a water rocket and air pumps.

"Okay! It's our turn now!" Lani said as they prepared their water rockets.

"Huh?"

"Set, GO!" They both released the water rockets at the same time. The rockets move in a perfect arc and they both land on either side of Don. 

"It worked!" Thoma and Lani cheered. Don finished securing up the ropes so he called for everyone. 

"It's all done!" Nat then zips through everyone, leaving a snarky remark as he passed Ray.

"Smell you later, Ray!"

The other kids then tied a rope on their hand while they grasped tightly the hangar. Emma and Anna then assisted everyone else on tying their other hand as they secured the hangar on the long rope. Ray just stared at them.

"You guys. . ." a flashback of everyone's 'playing; came before his eyes as he realized their training. "When did you all. . ." Just then, Norman emerged from his side. even though it is just his imagination, he looked at Norman.