Chapter 30

Third Person POV

[January 15, 2046, Promised Forest, continuation]

As Ray is trying to fight for his life by creating strategies, Sunshine's condition worsened. The feminine figure smiled before putting down her hood, revealing a purplish braided hair, her upper face is covered by a mask with a hole above another hole. As soon as her and Sunshine made eye-contact, Sunshine ached her back in pain while a necklace owned by the figure glowed brightly.

"Sunshine!" Gilda said worriedly. Sunshine's left eye throb in pain and all she can do is scream in agony.

"AAAGGHH!!" Sunshine screamed. Just then, the same sound earlier had alerted the others. The demon girl --they assumed since she's wearing the sane type of mask-- hurried to them. But that only makes Sunshine's scream louder. "MAKE IT STOP!!"

"Sunshine!" Gilda said as she teared up. Sunshine forced her eyes to open just to see the faint glow from the demon's girl got brighter as she stared at it. She also noticed the more she walked closer to her, the more her eye throb in pain. So she decided what's the best for her and the others.

"Leave me." She manage to force those words out as she grits her teeth in pain. All of them looked shocked to hear this.

"NO!" Anna protested quickly. The vibrations hummed softly on the forest floor as Sunshine made eye-contact with the demon girl and Gilda, who stayed silent.

"You know that's the only way." Sunshine said as she maintained her eye contact with Gilda. Gilda bit her lip and looked at Sunshine with guilt, pain and sadness as the vibrations grew. Sunshine immediately ushered the others near to the demon girl as she backed away.

"NO!" Anna said. "What about Ray?! Who'll take care of him?!" Anna questioned loudly. Sunshine is quick to pull a film with a picture containing of Ray blushing wildly as she poked his cheeks. She tossed them immediately to Anna who caught them with both hands.

"Take care of him." Sunshine said. "I'll join you soon." She muttered as she finally turned her back against them and waited for the pursuers to find her. She closed her eyes as she said her final words in silence.

'I'm sorry, Ray, Emma, Norman. It's either they'll kill me or experiment me.'

As soon as the vibrations stopped, she opened her eyes to see 5 hound-like demons and one humanlike demon staring down at her. She glared at them as all of the demons looked at her with hungry eyes.

'I love you, Ray.'

"Heh? You don't look all happy." Sunshine manage to say even though she felt her throat drying. The demon looked at her in bemusement. Sunshine frowned and feigned hurt. "Aww. You finally captured me. Why are you not happy?"

"Because the Premium Quality Product is damaged." The demon said in a deep voice. Sunshine sighed as she stands up and laid her arms like a prisoner would. She looked at them with her left eye still closed. She tried to calm her breathing as her heart is consumed with fear and contentment.

"Well then, congrats. You have your damaged merchandise back."

Ray pants as he collapse onto the floor. He tried to get up but his whole body felt like lead. He thinks of Sunshine as he tried to move his limbs. Just before he lose consciousness someone grabbed him on the back of his shirt.

"Come! Up now!" His instincts kicked in and grabbed the said figure's clothes and hovered himself up with his remaining strength. The demon looked at the scene with wide eyes and ordered the other demons to follow them.